*NEW* Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine!

robert

Have you seen this?

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/vhf_mag1.jpg

There is a brand new vegan magazine called Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine coming out this summer!

My friend Brenda created it and I did a photo shoot to be on the first cover.

Subscriptions are only $10.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/

And subscribe for $10 rather than $15.96 regular price here: http://www.veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/subscribe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just heard from the Editor that the magazine went off to print!

Please consider subscribing. It is only $10 and will help another vegan business get going. I think there will be a lot of helpful and useful content in the magazine as well.

Thanks!

Hey Doug,

Just emailed the Editor and she said International orders can get a digital version for $10 per year (It's only 4 issues per year).

She said if people really want a print copy outside the US, the shipping cost is about $10 per copy making it about $50 per year, rather than $10.

So those are various options.

Digital format will have some special features the print one one, obviously, like comments from readers, links for more info, etc.

All the best!

• 1 month later...

It takes time. I didn't think it would be in "any" stores for a year or two. It is way ahead of schedule as far as the expectations I had for it, so that is encouraging I think.

It has also only been out for 3 weeks. It could be hundreds of more stores come fall, winter or spring.

Time will tell.

I imagine it will just get bigger and better as time goes on.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my magazine in the mail a couple days ago...Its great!...read it cover to cover. Some really interesting articles. I really hope it takes off and I fully support it...I have been showing it to friends... However....there were MANY typos and grammar problems throughout....I counted nearly one typo per article. It really detracted from the professionalism and made the quality of the magazine questionable to some people. Hope that's sorted out before the next issue!

Cool! Thanks for supporting the magazine.

I hope that problem gets sorted out too. They sent me a copy of my interview to preview before the magazine went to print.

I previewed my interview and found about a dozen typos and mistakes. I informed them of the mistakes and feared those were throughout the magazine. It is put together by one person, my friend in LA, and I hope she does get a professional editor to review it a number of times before printing.

Speaking of typos, watch all those .... I used to type like that a while back when I was "busy" to try to show the reader I was in a "hurry," but I now think that proper punctuation is best, regardless of how much time I have to write.

Thanks again. I'll pass this feedback along to the editor, as it is something she needs to hear.

lol...

its funny the dots used to annoy me when other people did it...but now I do them...its easier than having a period and then having to deal with capitalizing the next letter.

But I can also write absolutely correctly if I need to. I will make an effort, while on your site, to use good punctuation from now on!

As a non-vegan I "ate up" everything Oxygen and M&F Hers dished out over the years (you MUST have meat, eggs, dairy!) and really trusted them. I know, my bad.

Now as a new Vegan I see everything differently and I'm pretty jazzed that someone had the guts to start a magazine that gives straight information that is in line with all the medical information I've recently learned through Forks Over Knives and Dr. Fuhrman. I'm sure they'll get the typo thing worked out, but in the meantime I am SO GRATEFUL for a magazine that features fit (even muscular) vegans, has protein rich recipes, workout tips and so much more.

I talked about the magazine last week on my blog, I think "Vegan Health & Fitness" fills a much-needed gap and I want to help bring them as many subscribers as possible so they can continue!

They are already in a lot of stores across the country, many Whole Foods are already carrying them: http://www.veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/where-to-buy/

I know what I forgot to mention in my first comment, does anyone else find it really inappropriate to have a full page photo glamorizing 2 people wearing leather and fur in a vegan magazine??? I mean the photo of Derek and Marcella. It's a great photo, and I much admire their being vegans and what they do for the cause. But, to me, its not at all appropriate as a full page thing and I'm sure people reading the magazine will notice their "clothing". (If the leather and fur are faux then I think it would necessary to have a note on the page indicating that no animals lost their skin for the photo)

I don't mind it in the background in their living room photo because its not prominent and can go unnoticed, its just the full page one that really bothers me. Don't we vegans frown upon all the beauty and fashion magazines that promote fur and leather and make it look cool?

I have seen that photo a hundred times and never even noticed that.

Good point. I didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

It is just the first ever issue of the magazine and I know it will continue to improve over time. The next issue should be out in less than a month, I believe. Not sure exactly when, but I know it is coming out soon. I'm excited to see what it looks like.

I totally saw the magazine, took a picture of it on the magazine rack at my work, went home and purchased a subscription, and now use it as a dissemination tool to help guide people away from animal products, and into health-promoting Vegan ones.

I noticed right away what Derek and his wife were wearing in that photo and wondered what it was. When I read that he's actually not Vegan but plant-based, I assumed it was leather. It is a stunning image, the two of them look phenomenal! It's a great plant-base promoting tool. However as a Vegan, that in a magazine which is supposed to represent and promote our standards of ethics, bothers me a lot. It's another sign that the definition of Vegan is being watered down just like the meaning of vegetarianism. For many people, Veganism is what ever they want it to be.

I was at Derek's house a few weeks ago. He and his wife are vegan. I know those photos in the spartan outfits were taken a few years ago. I am not totally sure if they are real leather or not. I'll be seeing Derek and Marcella again soon and I could check in with them.

Perhaps those are vegan outfits, or it was overlooked or unnoticed when the magazine was being put together. I used to have that photo up on the front of VeganBodybuilding.com. I never noticed what appears to be leather or animal products in the photo, and apparently neither did Richard who put the image up on the site. So it seems to get unnoticed, but glad it was brought to our attention.

Looking forward to the next issue of the magazine. No idea what it will look like, but I'll find out when I get my copy in the mail or when I see it in stores, whichever comes first based on where I am at the time.

Ah, the clarification is much appreciated. I could have sworn it was written in a little bio of him that he went plant-based for results, health or something, and he's happy it has the added bonus of helping animals. I didn't mean any disrespect, they have my admiration. I do believe that even if they're not wearing something Vegan that the image does more good than harm because I see peoples reaction when I tell them they can bulk up on plant-based proteins & show them this photo.

His wife got into animal rights a long time ago, and turned him onto it years ago. I've known him for 2-3 years and he's been vegan the whole time. Stayed at his house each of the past two years while traveling.

We'll see what the next issue of the magazine brings. No idea what's going to be in there, aside from one or two individuals who told me they were interviewed.

So cool to see it at Whole Foods Market stores around the country

• 4 months later...
I was at Derek's house a few weeks ago. He and his wife are vegan. I know those photos in the spartan outfits were taken a few years ago. I am not totally sure if they are real leather or not. I'll be seeing Derek and Marcella again soon and I could check in with them.

Perhaps those are vegan outfits, or it was overlooked or unnoticed when the magazine was being put together. I used to have that photo up on the front of VeganBodybuilding.com. I never noticed what appears to be leather or animal products in the photo, and apparently neither did Richard who put the image up on the site. So it seems to get unnoticed, but glad it was brought to our attention.

Looking forward to the next issue of the magazine. No idea what it will look like, but I'll find out when I get my copy in the mail or when I see it in stores, whichever comes first based on where I am at the time.

Did you ever find out Robert?