Do you guys think that Stallone does roids?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

Do you guys think that Stallone does roids?

#1 Postby compassionategirl » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:10 pm

In the opinion of all you male bodybuidlers and competers, do you think that Sylvester Stallone is a "natural" athlete or do you think he has done or continues to do steroids?

I really think he has an amazing physique for a guy that is 55 years old!

I love his new reality boxing show the "contender". Anybody else here a Sly fan?

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#2 Postby V VII Hero » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:32 pm

no idea. but he is in good shape for his age.

kollision
Elephant

#3 Postby kollision » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:38 pm

The contender finishe da while back didnt it? Any who, I was watching TV Guide channel and they were showing this Hollywood trainer that trains him as well. He could be on roids and he could not. Also he ma have been on roids at a time and still has the muscles from that time through maintenance.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:43 pm

I don't know. I saw him at the Olympia back in October and also saw him gambling at the Mandalay Bay Resort. He's in good shape. I think he has played around with stuff in the past. Right now, I think he's probably just on a bunch of barely legal supplements and he works really hard. He's a dedicated athlete.

Hard Work can make it look like you take steroids even when you don't. I know I'm now that big, but I can get pretty ripped and have lots of veins popping out and muscle definition and I've been asked many times if I've taken steroids. It's kind of like a compliment I think. Some Natural athletes get offended when asked if they've taken the juice, but I think it's kinda like a compliment for working hard in the gym and in the kitchen.

But with Sly, don't really know, but I do know he works hard.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#5 Postby compassionategirl » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:13 pm

robert wrote: but I can get pretty ripped and have lots of veins popping out and muscle definition and I've been asked many times if I've taken steroids. It's kind of like a compliment I think. Some Natural athletes get offended when asked if they've taken the juice, but I think it's kinda like a compliment for working hard in the gym and in the kitchen.

I agree Rob. It is a compliment in that it shows how a hard working vegan can get ripped and big enough so as to look like you must have juiced, even though you know that you didn't. Its like somebody guessing that you are younger than your age, or that your fake tan was a natural tan and th eperson thought you went on vacation but your vacation was a tanning bed! KNow what I mean?

robert
Site Admin

#6 Postby robert » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:16 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean, those are good examples. It is just like that, when someone thinks you are younger or when the guess your weight and they number they guess is more to you liking or things along those lines.

So I don't mind if people ask me if I take steroids. It's a good way to open up to them about my vegan diet and lifestyle.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

lelle
Elephant

#7 Postby lelle » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:07 am

oh my god, i need to see these rambo movies again!

willpeavy
Elephant

#8 Postby willpeavy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:35 pm

lelle wrote:oh my god, i need to see these rambo movies again!

True!!! I haven't watched Rambo since I was probably about 10 years old. The 2nd one was my favorite

Over40
Rabbit

Sly and Juice

#9 Postby Over40 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:18 am

I don't know if Slyvester still takes steroids. But, in the mid-late 80's I recall a article being published and he admitted to taking steroids for Rocky III, "To get that extra 10%." I think he was quoted as saying.

But, at the age of 58, he does look beyond belief. If you get a chance anyone, read "Sly Moves" his new fitness/autobiography book that is out, and also "Sly Magazine" isn't too bad. Although the first issue had an interview with Jenna Jameson, which was all good until my wife found my 9 year old laying on our bed, reading the article. I was in the dog house for a few days.

Jon
"Bond dropped to the floor and did 20 slow push-ups until every muscle burned." Ian Fleming

Richard
Site Admin

#10 Postby Richard » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:51 pm

robert wrote:I've been asked many times if I've taken steroids. It's kind of like a compliment I think. Some Natural athletes get offended when asked if they've taken the juice, but I think it's kinda like a compliment for working hard in the gym and in the kitchen.

Taking the juice? I didn't realise that was steroids. I just thought lots of people at my gym were homosexual, but now I know what they are talking about 'Hey do you take the juice?' 'I don't take the juice, you want some of my juice?' etc. Stallone's voice is very peculiar, can steroids interfere with that? It'd be bad to diss the guy just because he is pumped, he might have done it all without drugs.

Return to “General Discussion”