mrbear666

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest I'm into a lot of music but Metal and hardcore was what I loved growing up. Played in bands and stuff but as I got older, I've gotten into more older metal. This week I've been listening to Dio's solo stuff and his era Sabbath.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been into metal for nearly 20 years, yeah I'm that old

Haven't touch my guitars for 6 months now as I'm more into games and training, but recently found out about a couple of awesome bands that made me want to play again:

Woods of Ypres (doom-black Canada)

Agalloch (US)

Also check out my personal project The Naked Show (heavy-trash / UK)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Naked-Show/184930478306656?ref=hl

• 1 month later...

Haven't touch my guitars for 6 months now as I'm more into games and training, but recently found out about a couple of awesome bands that made me want to play again:

Agalloch (US)

I've touched my guitar once in the last year. Such a shame as I do love playing but with training, kickboxing, work and studying I just never seem to have the time.

Not sure if it's your thing or not but some good mates of mine play in a band called The Infernal Sea and seem to be getting a decent rep for themselves here in the UK now. Have a look for them on Facebook as they're on there (at work now so can't get the link). I think they fall under Black Metal, but don't shoot me if they're not!!

• 2 weeks later...

God I love Alicia. Did she actually leave The Agonist? Their newest album is good. She's a hardcore animal person.

Growing up as a teen in the 90s I was a child of hardcore. Madball, Fury of Five, 25 Ta Life, Strife, Snapcase etc.. I've taken more to rock and metalcore now a days. Earth Crisis just released a new album I've been rocking lately. They are still vegan as fuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

God I love Alicia. Did she actually leave The Agonist? Their newest album is good. She's a hardcore animal person.

Growing up as a teen in the 90s I was a child of hardcore. Madball, Fury of Five, 25 Ta Life, Strife, Snapcase etc.. I've taken more to rock and metalcore now a days. Earth Crisis just released a new album I've been rocking lately. They are still vegan as fuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

STREET BY STREET, BLOCK BY BLOOOCCCCK!

I've played with Madball and such an awesome buch of guys. They stood on the side of the stage for our whole set and after we were doing all said how much they enjoyed us, especially our Bon Jovi cover!

Hell yea! Fucking Firestorm was the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit still gets me pumped when I'm at the gym.. Their new album is pretty damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmnaIouCUO8

I saw Earth Crisis, Vision of Disorder (Also has an awesome new album out) and Sepultura (post Max) together in Philly in the late 90s, so much win.

Some of the more metalcores or rock bands I listen these days..

Papa Roach

Avenged Sevenfold

My Darkest Days

Miss May I

The Devil Wears Prada

Darkest Hour

As Blood Runs Black

All Shall Perish

Acacia Strain

As I Lay Dying (stupid fucking Tim)

Borne of Osiris

All That Remains

Asking Alexandria

August Burns Red

lots of others

Edit: Bah how the hell do I embed Youtube videos?

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly heavy metal if heavy is stuff like Iron Maiden, but I'm into other kinds, some bands: Nevermore, Death, Opeth, Ayreon, Empyrium, Diabolical Masquerade, Arcturus, Ne Obliviscaris, Sculptured, Agalloch, Satyricon...

Agalloch (US)

Agalloch has a new album due next month I think

Not exactly heavy metal if heavy is stuff like Iron Maiden, but I'm into other kinds, some bands: Nevermore, Death, Opeth, Ayreon, Empyrium, Diabolical Masquerade, Arcturus, Ne Obliviscaris, Sculptured, Agalloch, Satyricon...

Agalloch (US)

Agalloch has a new album due next month I think

I love most of those bands, especially Arcturus.

Blatant plug, but I might as well put this out here.

One of my bands, Desecration (death metal) are releasing our new album, Cemetery Sickness on June 26th.

Here's a bit of blurb along with a trailer and link to pre-order if it's your sort of thing. Thanks for reading

UK death metal veterans DESECRATION have today revealed details for their forthcoming new album.

The new album, entitled 'Cemetery Sickness', will be released on 26th June 2014 via Metal Age Productions.

Comments vocalist/guitarist Ollie Jones: “There is no particular theme to this album but several of the songs are set in the graveyard. We've tried to hit the gore and perversion extremities that we’ve touched on from the start of the bands career but now we are playing better than ever.”

In relation to previous album ‘Forensix’, ‘Cemetery Sickness’ is more of the same only better and in terms of production... “We've gone for a natural drum sound and generally keeping it old school as that's what we are fans of.”

‘Cemetery Sickness’ was recorded at Sonic Forge Studio, Cardiff, Wales and was produced by Joe Thompson. Jumali Katani who is known for his work with Scent Of Death & Thy Art Is Murder amongst others undertook artwork for ‘Cemetery Sickness’.

Tracklist:

Cemetery Sickness

Coffin Smasher

I, Cadaver

Recipes of Horror

Rotten Brain Extraction

Cunt Full of Maggots

Cabletie Castrator

Mortuary Debauchery

Tactile Necrophile

Cut Up & Fed To The Dog

Grave Secrets

Formed in 1993, Desecration hit the headlines almost immediately with their debut album ‘Gore & Perversion’ (1995), which was immediately banned upon release. The artwork and lyrics led the band to their arrest under the Obscene Publications Act. A one-year court case was eventually dropped but they were warned to ‘tone down’ in the future. Naturally, after lying low for a short period of time Desecration hit back, this time with a new album entitled ‘Murder in Mind’ (1998). The band also penned a track for this album titled ‘A Message To The Censors’.

Fast-forwarding, Desecration went on to release four more albums, 'Inhuman' (2000), ‘Pathway To Deviance’ (2002), ‘Process of Decay’ (2005) & ‘Forensix’ (2008). The band also embarked on numerous tours over the years, headlining and sharing stages with bands such as Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Vader, Deicide, Napalm Death and Behemoth just to name a few. All three members of Desecration also play in punk grinders Extreme Noise Terror and Mic has recently joined UK thrashers Onslaught.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/andi666/Desecration/noname_zps1bf8e9b6.jpg~original

Pre-Order ‘Cemetery Sickness’ Here - http://desecration.bandcamp.com

http://www.desecration.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/desecrationuk

Not sure if it's your thing or not but some good mates of mine play in a band called The Infernal Sea and seem to be getting a decent rep for themselves here in the UK now. Have a look for them on Facebook as they're on there (at work now so can't get the link). I think they fall under Black Metal, but don't shoot me if they're not!!

Oh yeah that's black metal allright

They are quite good, never heard a bass so high in the mix in a BM band.

• 3 weeks later...

They seem to go from strength to strength everytime I catch up with them. Haved played in bands with the singer and the bassist before over the years.

Their last band, Middenhelm, I helped out for a couple of shows on bass. One of which was a sold out show at the Underworld supporting Pirate metal band Alestorm. Was definitely one of the funnest shows I've ever played!

• 4 weeks later...