Beer?..

Mini Forklift

There are a couple of websites that I used to use (I don't drink very often now) there's barnivore and veggiewines, not sure if they are .com or .co.uk but there are compiled lists of what alcohol is and isn't vegan.

Personally I just drink ale when I do drink, my buddy who is a vegan brews his own at home ahha its pokey!

For NZ have a look at this list:

http://www.vegetarian.org.nz/content/food-and-nutrition/wines-and-beer/

A lot of wines in NZ state on the label if they use eggs or other 'traditional' methods, however despite popular rumour this does not mean that if they don't state this they are vegan.

I emailed a bunch of beer breweries a few years ago, can't remember much from that except Vistoria Bitter is not vegan, and speights is vegan.

Also I believe some spirits and vodkas are not vegan also.

There is also this list:

http://www.barnivore.com/liquor

Saw that beer on your facebook man! Mouth watering haha, going to a hardcore gig next wednesday so I'll definately be back on the beers (how exciting) haha

Mouth watering? That's an understatement as I head into my 12th week with no alcohol. A cold beer wouldn't touch the sides right now haha. What gig are you going to, have fun man!

Its all to do with the filtration process I think, same here man there's a brand of ales called badger which is a smallish brewing company that's fairly local in dorset I usually drink there vegan friendly stuff a lot of them tend to use honey

Badger is the shiznits, they are even more local for me and they may as well have a pipeline to my house.

The majority of beers are vegan and the barnivore site listed above is a good resource. Here is another from beer advocate: http://beeradvocate.com/articles/279

I just don't understand the reason/concept of a non-vegan beer, must be do to tradition because the process doesn't do much for the flavor or quality or alcohol content. Its pretty gross actually and definitely not needed.

Cheers beer lovers,

-Dylan

• 4 weeks later...

Havent had that Monteiths, looks good!

Ive generally used Barnivore for Aussie, I have a list of the mainstream beers that are Vegan in my head (Boags), if I dont go for Boags I generally go for craft beers, so flavoursome.

In terms of wine, Im not fussy, thinking egg is used in wine is sick haha. I think in general Vegans come off bad for there nitiness to many things, so when it comes to alcohol, showing them alcohol doesnt have to be tricky encourages them imo, which is better for all

• 1 year later...

That is a fine beer.

I love ales, I'm mostly into pale, hoppy beers that the Americans make so well, and there's several British microbreweries that now brew in the same style. I do also like a brutal stout or porter too. I also brew my own, using the basic ingredients or grain, hops, water and yeast. So completely vegan