Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: testoserone levels
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 am 
Finch

hi am mike am new to this am a competive bodybuilder trying to go vegan,does a vegan diet cause low testosterone or is it a myth,also were king i find blood work results on the forum of other members posted

Post subject: Re: testoserone levels
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am 
Stegosaurus

Hi tornquad2,

Yes it is a myth. There have been posts about testosterone as well as testosterone and soy before. I suggest you search on "soy", "testosterone" and "soy and testosterone" with the search link on the top right corner of this site. Also, repeat those searches on
http://www.veganfitness.net/index.php

You should find at least several posts of weight lifters who had their testosterone levels measured and who had no problems.

FWIW, if you have health insurance it is worth the price of a copay for one visit to a medical doctor to easily, quickly lay any concerns you have to rest. It will be less of a hassle and give you a better answer than sorting through the folklore on the internet

As far as soy goes I collect articles about it in a special section of my site. It provides a balanced view to the anti-soy hysteria you so often see on the web and all of the articles point to reliable authorities:

http://beforewisdom.com/blog/category/soy/

The biggest issues weight lifters face when going vegan are getting enough calories, getting enough protein, getting a b-12 supplment and taking a DHA/EPA ( essential fatty acid ) supplement.

Welcome aboard!

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)