Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:43 am 
Elephant

Okay that is in there (i knew I wrote about that act somewhere!), but I can see how you may miss it. I should try to put the name of the act in there more. I do think I need to write about the humane slaughter act and the animal interprise act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:42 am 
Site Admin

Aweome Brian!

I read it tonight. It took me a good 15 minutes, but I got it done. I've already discussed it with you on AOL IM, I just suggested a concrete solution as to "what can we do?" from a non-vegan perpective, with specific steps in mind.

Have a great time with the presentation and now that your t-shirt is in the mail, next time you present something like this you'll be able to wear it!

Kollision suggested that anyone who wants to read the article, copy and paste it into word and double space it. That was a lot of text to read on such long lines on the forum.

Great job, well written, I had a few suggestions, but you know those by now and let us know how it goes!

Stay positive and have a great time educating others!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:04 am 
Elephant

Uff.

:D

Great job!

Only small thing i'd change is
Quote:
One subordinate group that has been overlooked the most are animals or I should specify as non-human species, but for this paper I will use animal just to spare myself from some extra typing.

I'd make a demonstration of it to NOT say animal. Language is a tool. It would be exaggerated to exchange every single "animal" with "non-human species", but i think it'd be good to do that several times throughout the text, as a reminder.

Tell us how it went :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:04 pm 
Elephant

daywalker, i'll keep that in mind, but now I cant make that change since "animal" is all over my paper and i have about 30 mins till i need to turn it in, but I want to post a final draft up on the boards so that change can be made. Thanks for your suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:09 am 
Elephant

I presented. It went alright. I was very nervous doing my powerpoint presentation, and after that just about everyone in the room had a question for me. I liked answering questions. Everyone was respectful and didnt ask questions to make me seem odd or anything like that, they mostly had questions about my lifestyle. I'd do it agian if I could, but would bring water since my mouth dried out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:39 pm 
Elephant

I know this is late, and you already gave your presentation - but I just read your report - and I think it's great stuff with good research. I imagine it got at least a couple of people in your class to think about things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:21 am 
Elephant

I hope so. It seemed that most people didn't care and a few might have been interested but nobody changed diets I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:42 am 
Rabbit

I'm really late catching this thread, you wrote a great piece :!:
I wouldn't rule out changing peoples mind quite yet. I've had quite a few people come up to me saying they took leaflets off me years ago & have now changed to either veggie or vegan (I seem to be saying that a lot recently???).
These kind of life-changing things take time for a lot of people, they got to upset (& they do get upset about it) family, partners, friends. Change their routines, the places they eat, maybe hobbies etc etc. We sometimes forget quite what an upheaval these changes can be for the "average jo(e)", it takes a lot to partially segregate themselves off from parts of their usual social activities. Especially in some areas of the world. You've planted the seed mate, that's the best you can do, it'll take time to see if it's had any effect...

Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:38 am 
Elephant

Thanks Will and Pete for your encouragement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:35 pm 
Stegosaurus

ya I agree. College, I think you may be underestimating yourself and the influence your presentation might have had. You for surely planted the some seeds!

By the way great idea with the "favourite quotes" thread.

n

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:06 pm 
Elephant

Thanks CG