Nutrition and Television Marketing

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

godesslissa
Rabbit

Nutrition and Television Marketing

#1 Postby godesslissa » Wed May 11, 2005 5:17 pm

I don't usually have time to watch too much TV, but tonight while cooking dinner I turned it on to drown out the sounds of maniacle 9 year olds playing in my sons room.~ Anyway I overheard part of a commercial that mentioned something to the effect of, "...provides complete nutrition for them too." Wondering what they could be referring to, I wandered into the living room to see that the commercial on was for dog food... :? I have nothing against feeding my pets nutritious food, but the commercial made me realize how many commercials I have seen over the years for food products geared toward adults (and especially kids) and they seldom, if ever, seem to tout many/any nutritional benifits- yet the commercials for pet foods seem to try to make a point of letting their audience know that if they value their pets health they'll invest in brand ____. Food commercials for crappy stuff (like poptarts and candy/chips/soda and all that kind of stuff) seem to give the viewer the impression that their product tastes great, and is great for when you're on the go... (etc)

:?: So as humans- we value the health of our pets over our kids and ourselves? Damn. How long will we stay at the top of the food chain with that mentality :roll:

Maybe it's just my imagination though- has anyone else noticed this?

kollision
Elephant

#2 Postby kollision » Thu May 12, 2005 2:42 am

I personally value the life of a pet over myself. Reason being? They cant take care of themselves.

godesslissa
Rabbit

#3 Postby godesslissa » Fri May 13, 2005 11:27 pm

True- I guess I'm thinking of it from a "mom" perspective. (If you don't have kids yet when you do you'll realize that your perspective on nearly everything in life changes to a "parental perspective".) Kids and pets definatley are very dependant on adults/caregivers for most of their necessities. I think it's definately a priority for me to value my son and all of my animals and make sure they get the best nutrition I can give them. (I have one pug dog named Buddha, a ferret named Minky Boodle, three cats (Satan, Bootsie, Blackie) and a hamster that belongs to my son)

Return to “General Discussion”