NHL UK Blackout? REALLY?

mythil

Well if you don't know, I am an Ice Hockey fan, but I live in the UK. There isn't much hockey to watch in the UK so I have to watch the NHL via their website, which I pay subscription for.

However, they are blacking out games in the UK and you're only allowed to watch them 48 hours after the game is done and there are some games we may not be able to watch them at all. Why?

There is only one satellite channel we can watch SOME games on in the UK and practically no one has it.. I'm not paying for a totally new package just to watch games which I'm already paying for. This is really getting on my nerves. I have no other way of watching their games outside of their website and I may end up missing some playoff games which means I'll have to illegally download them if I want to watch them.

Great mis-step NHL. From lockout to blackout.

That is such a bummer. As a DIE-HARD Bruins fan, I can totally relate.

Although i live in Canada, Black out restrictions still effect me from watching games I want to to watch sometimes.

I am really interested to see if that site works for NHL GameCentre!

Bruins, grrr! Hehehe

I'm a sharks fan myself.. (spoilers if you read on)

What annoyed me is that the game for Sharks vs Coyotes was blacked out.. I went to watch the next game instead where I was told that the sharks came back 3/0 down to win the game 4/3.. That PISSED ME OFF!.. I didn't get to see it

Although i live in Canada, Black out restrictions still effect me from watching games I want to to watch sometimes.

Bruins, grrr! Hehehe

What annoyed me is that the game for Sharks vs Coyotes was blacked out.. I went to watch the next game instead where I was told that the sharks came back 3/0 down to win the game 4/3.. That PISSED ME OFF!.. I didn't get to see it

aww bummer, but I can get behind the sharks, JOEY T! but seriously, let's talk about MArleau, killllin it right now!

Bruins, grrr! Hehehe

aww bummer, but I can get behind the sharks, JOEY T! but seriously, let's talk about MArleau, killllin it right now!

The sharks are having a really, really good run so far, kinda makes up for the poor showing towards last seasons playoffs. But really Thornon, Marleau and Boyle are doing very well. Also a really good showing by Greiss with a shutout in his first showing

Another dumb blunder by the NHL. The NHL's marketing strategy should be to grow the sport not restrict it. If it wants to do that then it should do what it can to increase its fan base. Preventing fans from watching the games is counter-intuitive I get so PO'ed at the league for this stuff it makes me want to high-stick management in the face.

Big Bad Bruins All The Way!