Vegan Beer...need some Suggestions!!!!

divamom

OK..

Have been AWOL...ripped a glute last year, kinda quit posting altogether after injured ( took about 13 weeks off total it was that bad)-as soon as I could walk without searing pain, I was back in the gym...d'uh

SO...I find myself involved in the planning and a major contributor to the Vegan Iron Chef Competition that is being held in San Francisco on March 21, 2013 http://www.vegfoodevents.com and I need to locate a good Vegan Beer Sponsor---I DON"T DRINK BEER ( vegan or otherwise), and I thought to self.."I bet the people on Vegan Bodybuilding board would be able to suggest some good stateside USA brewed vegan beers...so...pleae ...would love some beer suggestions in teh next day or so.

Go online and check it out, especially if you are in Bay Area. There is also going to be a Berkeley Vegan Earth Day...get this..on "4/20" (a huge "d'oh" on 'that' date)

anyways..please on beer suggestions..I am really beer savvy impaired.

Thanks,

Amy

Yes, I saw- Thank you...

BUT, BEER SAVVY impaired..the list is HUGE...I just need some suggestions on American statside brewed vegan beers- have never drank a beer in my life ( and I am way over 21), so I was hoping for a shorter list from some peeps here that may have tried a few.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I saw- Thank you...

BUT, BEER SAVVY impaired..the list is HUGE...I just need some suggestions on American statside brewed vegan beers- have never drank a beer in my life ( and I am way over 21), so I was hoping for a shorter list from some peeps here that may have tried a few.

If you have never drank beer before, I would probably recommend a simple, good-quality lager.

So, Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager. Not too bitter, not very alcoholic. Vegan, high-quality ingredients.

If you try that and find it too bitter, then go for Narragansett Light. Not quite as good as Summerfest, though.

If you enjoy these, then consider trying some fuller-flavored brews (like Sierra Nevada Pale ale, Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, Ipswich Ale). These are very good, but a bit bitter.