Can't fit my clothes...

Vegan Aspirant

Hey guys. So my weight has been more or less steady the last year, but I guess I must have grown around back and shoulders, because all my shirts, jackets and in general upper body clothing have become too tight around my lats and I cant move properly, which is quite annoying. Don't want to buy bigger sized women clothing, because then its too lose around stomach and hips. Am seriously considering buying male clothing for upper body wear. Any one else with this problem? What do you do (aside from making your own clothing or ordering custom made)?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I am a man so I don't have the same issue, but I can definitely relate. Literally, NONE of my clothes fit me. Every shirt I own suffocates the hell out of me, which is both a good thing because it means I am growing, and bad because I hate shopping. haha

I'm one of those ex-fatsos, still have some of those clothes left due to I don't like to shop clothes + I like the loose fit (even if it looks trashy).

Nowadays, almost all lower-body clothes are getting too big and upper-body clothes too tight. I simply cut the shirts in the neck, cut off the sleeves.

Karpasz thank you for that tip, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm about to throw out oversize clothes :-P I feel the same way about shopping as both you and Compassion. I also like the loose fit (wear baggy clothes as it is anyway), I just want it to be lose the right places lol.

• 1 month later...

This is one of my main concerns when it comes to lifting because i loveee dressing nicely and wearing button ups and chinos. It seems like it would be bittersweet because on one hand youre progressing and getting bigger but you're also about to need a whole new wardrobe.

Meeshall, did you start a training journal yet? I don't see it. If you did can you post the thread link here or else pm me with it. You're positive people, and I'm trying to soak up as much positive energy and knowledge from like-minded people on this forum as possible.