Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Do you ever crave it?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:47 pm 
Manatee

stcallico(sorry, dont know your name) is right. Gorillas are the herbivores(90%), sometimes they might eat insects but mostly unwanted, their thing is to eat plants.

Chimpanzees are the omnivores.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 am 
Rabbit

Ugh, I hate chimpanzees and how excited they get at ripping fellow monkeys and eating them alive. I truly can't stand them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 am 
Gorilla

Nope; The very thought of eating meat makes me sick to my stomach, the very thought of eating eggs will make me sick to my stomach too. Cheese is probably the only thing I am not sickened by, not milk, but cheese. I am not even horribly strict about cheese. If I am in a bind and need to eat a slice of pizza I just scrape the cheese off, if I end up getting a bit of casein or milk in an emergency meal I don't really blink at it. I am Vegan 99% of the time, if by accident I get some milk product in there it's not worth bashing your head into a wall over. I fight for the animals and 1% of the time won't make a huge difference in my mantra.

I'd rather starve than eat meat, egg, bone etc. Fuck. That.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 pm 
Rabbit

I used to get sick at the sight of rare and medium rare meat. for me it was and still is an issue of taste and texture, nothing more nothing. but it was always a temporary thing because once I'd think about where that meat came from I'd get sick at the thought of it. I remember as a kid I was literally about to throw up at the thought of eggs because it repulsed me to know I was eating the product of animal sex and even more worrying *how* that egg had come out hahaha (that age where you'd just learnt about sex in school). But even on my cheat/weak vegetarian days (before I became vegan) I'd feel disgusted with myself for eating butter and/or eggs- and the aftertaste of things like raw eggs (in mayo) certainly doesn't diminish the disgust.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:58 pm 
Rabbit

I turned vegetarian at 7 years old ( much to my parents horror) as I didnt really like meat. I never crave it ever. Cheese on the other hand I miss sometimes but it passes pretty quick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:18 am 
Manatee

not at all, even if it would smell good, or taste good, it still revolts me after being veg for so long, i think if i were to taste that meat fat/grease type thing on my dinner, gag reflex would kick in and i'd spit it out

that said, unfortunately, it's hard for me to eat out also, i normally dont trust places unless they are like, an exclusive vegan place, or maybe maybe maybe a health food resturaunt that comes very close- i would definitely feel uneasy walking up to a street vendor/market restuaraunt type thing, or just any type of restuaraunt and ordering a "vegan" dish - unfortunately alot of the times, even if they do think it's vegan or vegetarian safe, they just wouldnt have the care/dedication to find out for sure

i'm picky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:25 pm 
Rabbit

Wow. I am both excited and saddened when I hear those of you saying that you never crave it (meat, dairy etc.). Excited because it gives me hope that one day I might reach the same stage you're at and sad because I am not as evolved. Hopefully with time it will come.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 pm 
Manatee

Vegan Aspirant wrote:
Wow. I am both excited and saddened when I hear those of you saying that you never crave it (meat, dairy etc.). Excited because it gives me hope that one day I might reach the same stage you're at and sad because I am not as evolved. Hopefully with time it will come.

don't be sad, i'm not, i turned vegetarian when i was very young due to well, general disgust for meat, really i think i was around 10-13 when i swapped, it started off by me being disgusted by things like sausages/chicken/meat pies etc, anything that contained meat, it might have been because i started out so young, i mean, i remember eating meat, i remember some of the tastes and textures, and i don't miss them at all, honestly, it's hard for me to get down fake meats that tase very real, even though i know they are 100% vegan

for the most part, cooking meats just smell like death to me, the times it would smell appealing would probably be when it's cooked in a seasoned sauce or something, the flavours would mostly be coming from that

at this point, i really have an iron will against meat and well, probably a lesser will to dairy/egg poroducts etc as i'm less picky about those (i'm sure i will be one i finish my degree, move out of home and have more freedom), but yeah still, i do avoid dairy products as much as i can

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:04 pm 
Rabbit

Muchidna- I definitely think that having a few years (in your case maybe a decade +) in the luggage as a veggie helps keep the urges in check, so I'm hoping with time that these cravings will become more and more weak. For the time being though it is difficult for me. I'm having all these dreams where I wake up the next morning *still* tasting meat! I think I'm at the point where *morally* I'm way pass wanting to eat meat again but like with any (ab)user I'm suffering from withdrawals (cravings). And while I realise that it started the other way around for a lot (i.e. distaste for meat followed by moral conviction not to consume slaughtered living beings), for me it started with moral disgust - hopefully the physical disgust will follow soon enough.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:02 pm 
Rabbit

Did you say you've been veg for a month and a half? I did a complete transition from heavily meat omnivore to veganism overnight and found the second month was the hardest for cravings. I relied quite a lot on meat substitutes at that point to try and find a sort of compromise for my brain. After that though (third month onwards, now in month 7) the cravings stopped and I've been able to phase out to purely plant based. Then again, I do live on my own and was single for most of that time, and my family are in a different country, so there was little to no temptation around. Tonight I was in a kitchen where bacon and kidneys were being cooked... and they just smelt corpse-like and weird. No cravings at all. Time definitely helps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:40 pm 
Finch

Sorry to go back to the "gorilla army" part, but I assume that it is meant to be a play on words because a "guerilla" army is an army that doesn't follow the mainstream military conventions and instead uses a more effective means to use their numbers. So I have a feeling "Gorilla Army" might on one level just be about being strong vegans, but on another level be also about thinking outside the square and not letting yourself be trapped by mainstream conventions.

If you're wondering what I mean by "guerilla" warfare, thinking the Vietcong or Al Qaida, using much larger forces and much greater technology the US hasn't really been able to "win" because they don't play the game in a way in which there can be a winner.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm 
Gorilla

I neved missed it, wasn't a big meat eater before.