Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:55 pm 
Rabbit

Quote:
I've always been annoyed at the commercials for products that are purely plant-based (Planter's Nuts for one) that say "And NO cholesterol!"

How about "Low Carb Beef"?

Most advertisers will say anything as long as they think it'll sell. They have no morals... It really is pathetic. That is the reason I sold my TV 20 years ago; I couldn't stand to watch the commercials. My computer has a DVD player... who needs a TV? But I tell ya, the one that first got me going was that old Keebler Cookie commercial. It went on and on about how Keebler Cookies were not made in stinky, smelly, factories that polluted the Earth... they were made by elves! That was news to me.

While we're on the subject of corporate accountability, can I move off subject? In the 1930s my grandfather worked as a pathologist in New England. He was asked to do an autopsy of a boy who had died during surgery. When the autopsy was completed, he took the surgeon aside and asked him, "Did you even look at the X-rays?" The surgeon said, "No, I didn't have time. We had to remove that boy's kidney. Why?" My grandfather replied, "Because that boy only had one kidney." My grandfather was fired for bringing to the attention of the chief of staff. My grandfather then went to the boy's father... a man named Firestone (Mr "Tire" himself). Firestone refused to stand by my grandad. Nobody in our family has bought any Firestone product for over 75 years.

End of Rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:35 am 
Stegosaurus

Oh my gosh i cannot believe what you described its shocking :shock:

I am not sure i understand. Why didnt the kid's own father want to seek justice for his son and expose the negligence of the surgeons who removed the only KIDNEY THAT THE BOY HAD? i why wouldnt he side with your gramps? it is thanks to your grandpa that they knew why their sone died. DONT GET IT. :shock: i am disgusted. That poor little boy's wrongful death was never "avenged" so to speak.

SEE HOW FUCKED UP SOCIETY IS - you take the side of justice, of goodness, of the weak and the voiceless, and its like the world wants to quash and silence you!!!

Evil and immorality continue to run rampant in socirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:32 am 
Site Admin

Has anyone heard the Carl's Jr. radio commercial about chicken?

So there is someone who got a chicken and he's trying to make it fetch like a job. And a second person says, "chickens are only good for one thing....EATING!" The commercial pisses me off. It's long too, maybe a full minute of how the chicken won't go chase after the stick...therefore, it is only to be eaten and it will taste really good.

Carls Jr. has some really strange commercials. Anyone heard this one or one like it?

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:44 pm 
Stegosaurus

NO I havent heard of him, but that commercial is so stupid that it made me shake my head and ask,

"What is WRONG with people?" can they really be that inane?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:49 am 
Stegosaurus

I just saw another one. Commercial for HP Sauce, with the slogan being "It makes your beef sing" and showing an image of a singing cow.

Ya, like animals are thrilled to be hung upside down from a meat hook piercing through their thigh, having their throats slit so their own blood is running into their eyes and up their nose, and then getting their limds hacked off BEFORE they have finished "dying."

The meat industry, and anybody that supports it for frivilous reasons, disgust me. How about i hang YOU up from a meat hook, slit your throat and let you bleed out, one drop at a time. How would YOU like it?? :evil:

Cut the bull shit and go veg#n NOW. Stop supporting the mass murder of innocent animals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:52 am 
Elephant

Any one ever see the Burger King Dr. Angus commercial. Don't get me wrong, I think its bad that animals are dying, but the whole basis of it makes me laugh because it is so stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:56 am 
Elephant

I watch 1 TV show a week, and it's been Tivo'ed by family, so I don't even have to watch the commercals! I can't stand them! But, I would probably watch them if it was the only way to watch "The Ultimate Fighter" on SpikeTV. Second season looking good! :D

With re: to the Happy Cow's come from California commercial, It makes me gag. CA has the BIGGEST factory farm I have ever seen and it is right off the freeway. If you are driving on I-5 between Paso Robles and Santa Nella, you can't miss it! It is literally about 2 miles long and all you can see are cows lined up in crates...not moving! :cry:

It's a whole process...I start of enraged, then motivated, then depressed and then isolated - anyone else just feel completely anti-social after seeing this stuff - like, why would I even want to see idiots who accept this type of absurd propaganda!!!???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:10 pm 
Stegosaurus

veganmadre wrote:

It's a whole process...I start of enraged, then motivated, then depressed and then isolated - anyone else just feel completely anti-social after seeing this stuff - like, why would I even want to see idiots who accept this type of absurd propaganda!!!???

YUP, DIDO for me!!!!!

P.S. I am so thrilled that your children have such a compassionate role model. I hope and pray that they carry on their mother's conviction and compassion veganmadre. Thank god for mothers like you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:15 pm 
Elephant

Quote:
P.S. I am so thrilled that your children have such a compassionate role model. I hope and pray that they carry on their mother's conviction and compassion veganmadre. Thank god for mothers like you.

I get compliments very seldom. thank you! :D