Vegan Moment

Young_Mike

I like with my rather large, omnivorous family which is difficult because they believe it's man's God-given right and duty to eat animals. I'm not here to debate religion, but I don't agree with them. Anyways, I had an interesting moment the other night where, for the first time, I saw meat in the fridge and was actually disgusted by it. It was weird because I've never had that happen before but I'm also kind of glad. Is this a normal thing for most people who switch over?

Absolutely mate, perfectly normal. I went to go visit my dad and little brothers quite recently and they had bought a whole cooked chicken, seeing it made me disgusted, sad and angry but mostly disgusted. I no longer register such things as food but at the same time I would never tell them or my friends that, I don't want to come across as a 'preachy vegan' as its not worth the hastle.

...they believe it's man's God-given right and duty to eat animals...

I grew up in a religious family too; I just remind my family that before the fall of man, Adam and Eve lived in... the garden of Eden. And they ate... the produce from that garden. It's wasn't until after the fall that God allowed them to eat meat in their fallen state.

Anyway, I'm with you, I'm not here to debate religion. And my family loves me and supports my eating lifestyle, it just always stumps them when I remind them of that story.

Cheers,

John