random thoughts: college

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

random thoughts: college

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:36 pm

willpeavy
Elephant

#2 Postby willpeavy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:49 pm

The most important thing I got out of college was better communication skills - especially my last year of college - when I took seminar courses where I would spend the semester researching a topic in order to turn in a research paper and give a presentation. It's a good feeling when you can learn a subject so well that you can stand up and give an hour long defense of your thesis in front of questions asked by other students and professors.

CollegeB
Elephant

Why go?

#3 Postby CollegeB » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:14 am

The article said, "You go to college to grow and change and develop morally and ethically as a person. You go to college to become socially conscious. " I think this is a fallacy (I believe this based only on people I know) because there are many who come to college and yes they do change but I think most actually lose moral ground, and I guess if you think of getting drunk with new people as social consciousness then that part is correct (but i dont think thats what the author meant).

Return to “General Discussion”