Partner wont listen to me

mythil

Okay I've been having this issue for months now. Originally my partner wouldn't listen to me when it came to weight loss. He was constantly pissed off that he wasn't dropping below 80kg despite working out and so on. I kept telling him to look at measurements and so on and throw the scales away but again, wouldn't listen, just kept bitching every time he got on them.

Now he's dropping down from 80kg to 75kg and I just asked if he has been eating properly and was told that he hasn't been eating lunch for the past few weeks. Now I know he's either going to put all the weight back on or make himself sick in some way but he wont listen to me at all, just comes to me bitching every time something happens or if I try and explain why you shouldn't be skipping food all the time.

What am I going to say, really? It's really getting on my nerves now to the point where I'm just ignoring him all evening when he starts talking about it or he gets so bitchy about being "fat" if I try and say otherwise.

Your partner doesn`t need you. He needs professional help, a good nutrition professional or a personal trainer.

If he didn`t listen to you so far, he won`t start listening now.

That`s just my 2 cents =)

I know, it just.. Erg how can you tell someone over and over again the right way to do things and then they totally ignore you and then get pissy when what they are doing goes wrong.

I told him that if you're going to skip meals then at least look up intermittent fasting. I prefer to eat but if you're going to do it at least try something structured. Again nothing

Vitamin A regulates metabolism. So drinking at least a liter of carrot juice would be a good start. Even eating a large mix of steamed vegetables daily without seed oils will kick off the metabolism so he can burn fat as fuel. -- Seed oils are high in polyunsaturated fatty acids which we store easily because they are hard to find out in nature and they are healthy from whole foods but not from processed oils.

Just make sure he meets his 4.7 grams of potassium daily from whole foods.

There is nothing wrong with not eating. Bears don't eat every year during the winter and burn their stored reserves. I don't understand the obsession with eating at every meal.

Give each other massages so both of your serotonin levels rise.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-antidepressant-diet/201008/serotonin-what-it-is-and-why-its-important-weight-loss

I am a personal trainer and a nutritionist, and I have the same problem with family or close friends listening. Complete strangers are always far more interested in what I have to say. It is a bizarre trait of humans for some reason.

My first thought would be to dump him and find someone who respects your opinion, but if that is too drastic, then maybe a gift certificate for a session with a trainer or nutritionist might work?

• 2 weeks later...
I am a personal trainer and a nutritionist, and I have the same problem with family or close friends listening. Complete strangers are always far more interested in what I have to say. It is a bizarre trait of humans for some reason.

My first thought would be to dump him and find someone who respects your opinion, but if that is too drastic, then maybe a gift certificate for a session with a trainer or nutritionist might work?

Yea I'm not going to throw away a three plus year relationship because I can't get some things through his head

Yea I'm not going to throw away a three plus year relationship because I can't get some things through his head

But I think you`ve noticed that the second advice is a consensus here:

maybe a gift certificate for a session with a trainer or nutritionist might work?

But I think you`ve noticed that the second advice is a consensus here:

maybe a gift certificate for a session with a trainer or nutritionist might work?

Yea I'll have to wait until he moves down here and I can drag him to the gym and throw him towards a personal trainer.