Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Waxing Alternatives
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:01 pm 
Rabbit

Ok so before I begin, I feel the need to say this. When I say waxing I don't just mean genital areas, I also mean for legs, armpits, eyebrow, back, etc. Secondly If you can not talk about this in a mature way I highly recommend you do not reply or take part in this discussion.

Ok so here is my question, what type of options are there for vegans for hair removal? And I mean options other than shaving or laser hair removal. I know a lot of people are indifferent about this, especially because of the Hairy vs Shaved thread. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5659 The reason I'm asking this is because I myself am curious what vegans feel about waxing? Assuming that the wax comes from bees and not plants, can you get a wax from plant based wax?

Post subject: Re: Waxing Alternatives
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:45 pm 
Manatee

Well there are vegan waxes available. But personally I've never used any them. I'm really don't like waxing.

Other alternatives that I know other vegans use are like sugaring, plucking, turmeric paste or just bleach the hair. Sugaring is done with a mixture of sugar, lemon juice and molasses. Turmeric paste is made with of coarse turmeric, flour and yogurt. Yes you can use soy yogurt. Plucking and bleaching pretty self explanatory.

Google will pop directions for both the sugaring and turmeric paste for hair removal.

I didn't see the hairy vs saved thread but being a cyclist, runner and hiker for years I prefer everything shaved but my head. lol As for my partners I have only one preference or rule.. If it goes in my mouth it better be hairless! I'll make an exception for beards but only on my bf I can't date a girl with facial hair.

http://ravingrunner.com/

http://instagram.com/ravingrunner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:30 am 
Manatee

There are some waxes based on sugar.
I dont know if there is any brand where you live that makes it, but it can me homemade easily.

Here`s a quick recipe that actually works:
1kg of vegan sugar (some sugar brands aren`t vegan)
1 cup of pure lemon juice

Put the ingredients in a pan and let it boil for 6 minutes, always stirring to ensure everything is mixed up.
Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to stir for more 8 miutes.

Done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:31 am 
Manatee

Oh, I forgot to mention,
after using this specific wax you have to wash the waxed area because of the lemon juice. It could burn your skin if you expose the area to the sun.