Waxing Alternatives

Odinson

Ok so before I begin, I feel the need to say this. When I say waxing I don't just mean genital areas, I also mean for legs, armpits, eyebrow, back, etc. Secondly If you can not talk about this in a mature way I highly recommend you do not reply or take part in this discussion.

Ok so here is my question, what type of options are there for vegans for hair removal? And I mean options other than shaving or laser hair removal. I know a lot of people are indifferent about this, especially because of the Hairy vs Shaved thread. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5659 The reason I'm asking this is because I myself am curious what vegans feel about waxing? Assuming that the wax comes from bees and not plants, can you get a wax from plant based wax?

Well there are vegan waxes available. But personally I've never used any them. I'm really don't like waxing.

Other alternatives that I know other vegans use are like sugaring, plucking, turmeric paste or just bleach the hair. Sugaring is done with a mixture of sugar, lemon juice and molasses. Turmeric paste is made with of coarse turmeric, flour and yogurt. Yes you can use soy yogurt. Plucking and bleaching pretty self explanatory.

Google will pop directions for both the sugaring and turmeric paste for hair removal.

I didn't see the hairy vs saved thread but being a cyclist, runner and hiker for years I prefer everything shaved but my head. lol As for my partners I have only one preference or rule.. If it goes in my mouth it better be hairless! I'll make an exception for beards but only on my bf I can't date a girl with facial hair.

There are some waxes based on sugar.

I dont know if there is any brand where you live that makes it, but it can me homemade easily.

Here`s a quick recipe that actually works:

1kg of vegan sugar (some sugar brands aren`t vegan)

1 cup of pure lemon juice

Put the ingredients in a pan and let it boil for 6 minutes, always stirring to ensure everything is mixed up.

Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to stir for more 8 miutes.

Done.

• 8 years later...

Laser hair removal is a popular alternative to waxing and other hair removal methods. It is a cosmetic procedure that uses a laser beam to remove unwanted hair from the body. The laser emits a concentrated beam of light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicles. The heat from the laser damages the hair follicles, which inhibits future hair growth.

One of the advantages of laser hair removal over waxing is that it is a more permanent solution. While waxing only removes hair temporarily, laser hair removal can provide long-lasting results. Most people who undergo laser hair removal experience a significant reduction in hair growth, and some may even achieve permanent hair reduction after a series of treatments.

I recommend you to think about buying
מכשיר לייזר ביתי להסרת שיער as with this thing you can do yourself laser hair removal, which is very fast, safe and effective.