Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: play any instruments?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:48 pm 
Gorilla

I play a 5 string bass (funk, metal, alternative, pop, metalcore, hardcore). Bass is my favorite instrument. My family has no musical history. So it's very hard to teach myself but I try to, for my own entertainment sake.

my equipment:
Cort Curbow 5 String (white lucite)
Hartke 400 watt head
GK cab 4X10

I've been playing for two years.
I am right handed. I can double slap and pop, I play with 4 fingers on my picking hand, and I use all 4 fingers on my fretting hand. I am just learning to double thump w/ my thumb. the hardest part for me is sticking to one song. I always learn one riff, then jump to another song, and totally forget what I learned. its hard to sit still. hehe.

past instruments Ive played:
-6 string guitar (metalcore)
-banjo (bluegrass)
-trumpet (gradeschool/elementary)

does anyone else play an instrument?
if so what ya got? and how long you been playing?
lessons or self taught?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:23 pm 
Rabbit

DRUMS! I love to play them and over the past year I have gotten a lot better. Now all I need is a real set, i play on friends sets, and a sound proof room....or a quiet one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:21 pm 
Elephant

I play the recorder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

I am terrible at everything musicially! I'm an above average athlete and I can do well in everything from running to soccer to basketball or football, but I cannot play any instrument whatsoever. I can't sing either. I've worked with children for around 10 years and a couple years for Celebrity Cruises. I was pretty much banned from singing on the cruise ships! Part of our program is singing songs with the little ones 3-6 year olds and even some of the older ones, and the kids and my fellow youth counselors pleaded with me to stop singing.

And the thing is...........I love singing! I do it all the time, and if you've checked out the comedy/rap battle here in this section of the Forum, you know I like to rap and write rap lyrics. But I'm not even allowed to sing in public :cry: Some of my friends say I'm the worst they've ever heard (like Carl Lews 'one of my favorite athletes of all time' singing the American National Anthem).

Give me a tennis racket, a basketball, or a helmet and pads and I'll excell but keep me away from the choir!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:17 pm 
Rabbit

I've been playing the drums for about 6 years now. Before that, I played guitar for a few years. I've been in a few bands. I love playing in bands when it's with the right people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:07 am 
Rabbit

I have a 60+ year old Gulbransen baby grand piano that I play.

Now I'm at this age I wish I'd have stuck with the piano lessons and bagged little league.

I also have a Gibson acoustic guitar that I don't even pull out of the case anymore. Lazy ass!

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:47 pm 
Elephant

I've been playing the guitar since 8th grade, i guess that was like 9 years? holy crap. I've been teaching myself the whole time. I'm play well enough to jam and sing along. I've written a few songs. I can also play let it be on the piano. 8)

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:00 pm 
Elephant

I play the bass, taught myself. For ages I would just listen to songs and learn the basslines, so I didn't know anything proper about it. Like if someone said 'play a C' I wouldn't have been able to. But a year ago I joined a band and had to learn that right quick. I still don't know theory or scales and all that. I should learn.

I took piano from about age 8-12 and then flute from 13-16 or so. Obviously I learned how to read music and scales and all that stuff then, but have since forgotten it all (I gave up flute 16 years ago, so it's been a while).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

I play the forearm guitar. It's an inside joke. I flex all the muscles and tendons in my forearm and pretend to play it with the other strumming along. When you're lean and all the muscle fibers show, it looks pretty cool.

I know it's silly, but I can't play any instruments so I have to make up my own. :lol:

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:07 pm 
Elephant

I've been playing guitar for about 13 years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:08 am 
Manatee

I play electic and acoustic guitar in a band. The adres to a website on which you can listen to some songs is: http://www.ongekendtalent.nl/clubs/club ... lubid=4220
Please check out The Lalala Song, it realy is the song that defines the band. The site is dutch, but you can click on the songs just under the picture of the dog on the right.
The band currently does not have a record label, but some labels have shown a bit of interest in the past:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:18 pm 
Elephant

i have played four string bass guitar for 4years now.

i play hardcore punk, some ska and jazz and funk. i occasionally go as far into the mainstream as the chilli peppers.

i am self taught, and cannot read music, though i can play most songs by listening to them and working it out. somesongs i can work out on the first play through. others take me days!

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:26 pm 
Stegosaurus

Gym hater wrote:
I play electic and acoustic guitar in a band. The adres to a website on which you can listen to some songs is: http://www.ongekendtalent.nl/clubs/club ... lubid=4220
Please check out The Lalala Song, it realy is the song that defines the band. The site is dutch, but you can click on the songs just under the picture of the dog on the right.
The band currently does not have a record label, but some labels have shown a bit of interest in the past:)

Cool!!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:47 pm 
Gorilla

jonathan is really effin good at bass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:27 pm 
Elephant

:oops: nah! :oops: you own me on the slap style!

Repeat