100 Scientific Reasons to NOT Eat Meat

metomeya

There's a lot of bad and poorly conducted research gets past of as science these days...

I recently watched a program of the top 50 countries with the healthiest diets and longest life expectations. Interestingly enough the Icelandic and Nordic diet/lifestyle was the best, the staples were of fish, grass fed meats, eggs, dairy, cod liver oil, and vegetables. This coupled with an active lifestyle and some of the clearest non polluted air and water seem to be the best.

At two was the Italian and Greek diet, again staples were grass fed meats, eggs and dairy. The French was at 7th, the french "paradox" was mentioned, again saturated fat is a staple. Japan was 6th, again lots of poultry and seafood as staples in the diet. There were some almost vegan countries, Ethiopia and Kenya have some of the lowest rates of bowl cancer in the world.

Whether meat eating or vegan, the main take home message was to avoid processed foods combined with an active lifestyle:)

Edited by HIT Rob

There's a lot of bad and poorly conducted research gets past of as science these days...

I recently watched a program of the top 50 countries with the healthiest diets and longest life expectations. Interestingly enough the Icelandic and Nordic diet/lifestyle was the best, the staples were of fish from non polluted waters, grass fed meats, eggs, dairy, cod liver oil, berries. At two was the Italian and Greek diet, again staples were grass fed meats, eggs and dairy. The French was at 7th were the french "paradox" was mentioned, again saturated fat is a staple. Japan was 6th, again lots of poultry and seafood as staples in the diet. The were some almost vegan countries, Ethiopia and Kenya have some of the lowest rates of bowl cancer in the world.

Whether meat eating or vegan, the main take home message was to avoid processed foods:)

I watched that too, and what annoyed me about the programme was that they used longevity and disease/lack of to determine what the best diet of a nation was... Regardless of pollution, lifestyle and millions of other factors, but yeah you're totally right, what it came down to was processes foods.

As long as you're not eating out of packaged processed foods you'll be healthy regardless.

I recently watched a program of the top 50 countries with the healthiest diets and longest life expectations. Interestingly enough the Icelandic and Nordic diet/lifestyle was the best, the staples were of fish from non polluted waters, grass fed meats, eggs, dairy, cod liver oil, berries. At two was the Italian and Greek diet, again staples were grass fed meats, eggs and dairy. The French was at 7th were the french "paradox" was mentioned, again saturated fat is a staple. Japan was 6th, again lots of poultry and seafood as staples in the diet. The were some almost vegan countries, Ethiopia and Kenya have some of the lowest rates of bowl cancer in the world.

Whether meat eating or vegan, the main take home message was to avoid processed foods:)

I watched that too, and what annoyed me about the programme was that they used longevity and disease/lack of to determine what the best diet of a nation was... Regardless of pollution, lifestyle and millions of other factors, but yeah you're totally right, what it came down to was processes foods.

As long as you're not eating out of packaged processed foods you'll be healthy regardless.

Indeed mate, there's other factors, but my point is these people from the countries mentioned aren't dropping like fly's because they eat meat:)