Nice post from Rich Roll RE: Protein

VeganBadass_CO

Persistent lectins like in peanut butter might be an issue. But weakly bound lectins, such as in peas and lentils are very loosely bound. There's not really any scientific basis things with phytates and lectins are 'bad'., the whole chelating minerals things is just horse shit, they're already bound to minerals when you eat them. Legumes are very non reactive unlike milk, eggs and pb.

The protein myth is tiresome. I even had someone call me out on sulphur aminos like methionine. you realize it's in legumes, rice etc. Right?

Chelating minerals things is horse shit but the lectins thing or whatever is in legumes thats harmful to certain individuals isn't. There is many vegans who go back to consuming animals products while they could of consumed fatty seeds instead.

My own experience speaks volumes since I lost considerable amounts of muscle on my legs to the point of almost being anorexic when I use to consume legumes. Hemp seeds, ground up flax seeds and organic avocados are superior sources of protein since they also contain unaltered omega fatty acids; unlike the fatty acids in oils that have been exposed to oxygen.