Juicing .. no not that kind

mythil

No not steroids.. Bit of a problem that they share the same term..

Anyway, I got a vegetable and fruit juicer for my birthday so I thought I would try it out, always wanted to try the vegetable/fruit juice stuff as I'm really not a breakfast person and that would be much easier (some of the time).

I tried a kale one and about two hours later I felt really sick, not feverish just sick. Another hour or so later I was praying to the toilet gods..

I could put this down to the vegetables being a little off and me not noticing, contamination or something but I've heard of juiced vegetables making people blow chunks too.. Just wondering if it happened to anyone here?

Did you have a painful stomache?

i know that certain foods give me pretty intense stomache pains for a while, probably due to indigestible fiber content, or lack thereof or something

otherwise, some foods just make me feel sick, like if i trink tea, then do any sort of physical exertion within the next 2 hours, i'll feel really queasy, some foods just dont sit well in the stomache

also thanks for the imagery

Did you have a painful stomache?

i know that certain foods give me pretty intense stomache pains for a while, probably due to indigestible fiber content, or lack thereof or something

otherwise, some foods just make me feel sick, like if i trink tea, then do any sort of physical exertion within the next 2 hours, i'll feel really queasy, some foods just dont sit well in the stomache

also thanks for the imagery

Eh all I could taste for two days was kale. It's a good vegetable juicer but I might lay off of the kale for a while because, well it was either what I ate for dinner or the juice, not sure which.. I was thinking more the juice as I ate the same thing the day before and I was fine. Just surprising that it can make you hurl.

Anyway, I got a vegetable and fruit juicer for my birthday so I thought I would try it out, always wanted to try the vegetable/fruit juice stuff as I'm really not a breakfast person and that would be much easier (some of the time).

I tried a kale one and about two hours later I felt really sick, not feverish just sick. Another hour or so later I was praying to the toilet gods..

I could put this down to the vegetables being a little off and me not noticing, contamination or something but I've heard of juiced vegetables making people blow chunks too.. Just wondering if it happened to anyone here?

Praying to the toilet gods

Yeap I've been there too, juicing veg is just not my cup of tea, i'd rather have my someone fart in me gub than trying to take down a veg juice. A few years back i bought one of those Jack Lalane power juicer (fell hook, link and sinker for the ad:), anyway i decided one day to have a go at one of the recipes in the accompanying booklet, it was apple, carrot and ginger, i juice the apples, then the carrots, and then went to add the ginger, it said use just a one inch chunk, well, i'd never had ginger before and thought that a one inch chuck was a bit stingy, so i threw in two whole roots. I then give the juice of the apples, carrots and ginger a good stir and took one huge gulp. it was at this point i got "schooled" in the potency of ginger, felt like my throat had been set a light, i shit ya not, i was talking like chewbacca for days after. I've never juiced since:)

Praying to the toilet gods

Yeap I've been there too, juicing veg is just not my cup of tea, i'd rather have my someone fart in me gub than trying to take down a veg juice. A few years back i bought one of those Jack Lalane power juicer (fell hook, link and sinker for the ad:), anyway i decided one day to have a go at one of the recipes in the accompanying booklet, it was apple, carrot and ginger, i juice the apples, then the carrots, and then went to add the ginger, it said use just a one inch chunk, well, i'd never had ginger before and thought that a one inch chuck was a bit stingy, so i threw in two whole roots. I then give the juice of the apples, carrots and ginger a good stir and took one huge gulp. it was at this point i got "schooled" in the potency of ginger, felt like my throat had been set a light, i shit ya not, i was talking like chewbacca for days after. I've never juiced since:)

I think I can put mine down to what was in it rather than juicing itself. I'm pretty sure I could get away with juicing fruit and so on.. yea you're missing out on a good portion of the fibre and so on but still better than store bought juices.

Not sure if blending has the same nutritional benefits as juicing, but i like blending, making smoothies, good for using old banans.

in the past, i've read a rule of thumb when juicing is, 80% vegetable, or it's full of fruit sugars, and not that great for you

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...