What do you guys think of tea?

muchidna

so i've bought chinese teas whenever they have been avaliable, not a huge fan of black tea, and i don't drink coffee, but i do like green/ green jasmine teabags.

i have enjoyed the chinese teas whenever i have been able to buy them, so a couple days ago, i put together aproper order from www.teavivre.com (i don't work for them) with a bunch of chinese teas, and a couple fruity ones to share, mainly low caffeine content ones, and also ordered the proper stuff to prepare it in from aliexpress.com

what do you guys think about teas? can't possibly be bad for you, unless it's like, pesticide ridden cheap teas, most of them are rich in antioxidants and other good things.

perhaps someone else would like to make an order and try some chinese teas at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Tea is a wonderful drink. As you said, it is full of anti-oxidants. It is also good for the teeth and gums by reducing the damage done by certain bacteria and by helping the teeth to remineralise after meals and to resist erosion. This remineralisation is due to the fluoride. Black tea can stain the teeth but I would rather have stained healthy teeth than white unhealthy teeth. Green tea seems to have more teeth and gum protective properties than black tea and is not so likely to cause staining. Having said that, I drink mostly Earl Grey tea - about 12 half-pint cups a day with soya milk.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been drinking golden monkey black tea from teavivre lately, no sugar, no milk added, has a really nice taste & scent to it, usually like teas that dont need sugar/milk, definately not as strong as typical english black tea, the website says it has 80% less caffeine than coffee.

the superfine green jasmine tea they have also has a really amazing scent to it, and it tastes quite nice too

have mostly gone away from conventional teas, i drink cheap supermarket green/green jasmine teas occasionally, chamomile, and whatever weird shit that goes on special each week i will sometimes try lol, aswell as the chinese stuff

• 1 month later...

Time for a brew: How a cup of tea can perk up your brain activity in just 30 minutes

Neurological activity increases half an hour after drinking tea

Studies suggest antioxidants known as flavonoids may be responsible

They also help control inflammation, promote blood vessel function and limit clogging of the arteries

By Jenny Hope, Daily Mail Medical Correspondent

Published: 2 May 2015

When you want to unwind, a steaming cup of tea can be the perfect option. And it seems relaxation is not the only benefit – as the drink may also improve brain performance, according to research.

Neurological activity increases noticeably around half an hour after drinking black or green tea, a study found, including processes linked to memory and decision making.

It is unclear which ingredients are responsible for the effect, but previous studies suggest a pivotal role is played by antioxidants known as flavonoids – which are unaffected by the addition of milk.

These are already thought to help control inflammation, promote blood vessel function and limit clogging of the arteries.

For the latest study, researchers at Newcastle University investigated brainwave patterns to establish the effect of tea on various neurological functions.

Eight volunteers were asked to drink a cup made with green or black leaves before having their brain activity measured.

Electrodes attached to their heads found three types of brainwave increased within an hour – alpha, beta and theta.

There was a highly significant increase in the theta waves between 30 minutes and an hour later, says the study published in Nutritional Neuroscience.

Both black and green tea stimulated the activity, which is linked with improved cognitive function.

Less significant but still notable was an increase in alpha and beta waves, which are connected to alertness, memory and logical reasoning.

Almost 80 per cent of Britons are tea drinkers and they get through an estimated 165million cups every day.

The British tea industry is estimated to be worth more than £700million a year.

Study leader Dr Edward Okello, executive director of the Medicinal Plant Research Group at Newcastle University, said: ‘Tea has been associated with many mental benefits, such as attention enhancement, clarity of mind and relaxation.’ He added that the findings provide further evidence for the drink’s assumed benefits.

‘The highly significant increase in theta waves post-consumption may be an indication of [tea’s] putative role in cognitive function, alertness and attention,’ he said.

Previous research has shown that drinking three to four cups of tea a day may cut the chance of having a heart attack.

The drink can also help prevent type 2 diabetes, and slows the progression of the disease once it develops.

The antioxidants it contains have been found to halt certain effects of ageing, while regularly drinking black tea has been shown to visibly lower stress levels.

White tea could also help prevent obesity, as it was found to lessen the growth of new fat cells.

----------

Chamomile Tea 'Cuts Thyroid Cancer Risk'

Drinking chamomile tea may help protect against thyroid cancer, researchers found.

More than 500 Greeks were questioned about their tea consumption by a team from Athens University.

The volunteers included 113 with thyroid cancer, 286 with benign thyroid diseases and 138 without illness.

A report in the European Journal of Public Health says greater chamomile tea consumption was significantly associated with lower chances of developing thyroid disease.

Drinking the herbal tea two to six times a week reduced the risk of thyroid cancer by 70 per cent and benign disease by 84 per cent.

Overall, regular consumption of chamomile tea over 30 years reduced the risk of developing thyroid diseases by almost 80 per cent.

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3064929/Time-brew-cup-tea-perk-brain-30-minutes.html

• 8 years later...

As a tea drinker, I believe that tea is one of the most versatile and pleasant drinks in the world. Not only does it taste good, but it also has a number of health benefits that can improve our overall well-being. One type of tea that I particularly like is oolong tea. Oolong tea is a traditional Chinese tea that is known for its rich flavor and many health benefits. It is made from partially fermented tea leaves and can range in flavor from floral and fruity to toasty and nutty. Oolong tea is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to boost metabolism, aid digestion and improve heart health. If you would like to learn more about oolong tea or learn about other teas, you can visit https://tealao.com/en/ . The site also features an assortment of high-quality teas from around the world, making it easy to try new varieties and find your favorites. Whether you're a seasoned tea drinker or just beginning your introduction to the world of tea, I think you'll find something you'll enjoy on this site.

• 7 months later...

I'm on a quest to expand my herbal tea collection and would love some recommendations! I enjoy the soothing benefits of herbal teas and am particularly interested in exploring new flavors and blends. Whether it's a calming chamomile, a refreshing peppermint, or an exotic hibiscus damiana, I'm open to trying anything. Could you please share your favorite herbal teas and why you love them? Whether it's for relaxation, digestion, or simply enjoyment, I'm eager to hear your suggestions. Bonus points for any unique or lesser-known herbal teas that I might not have tried yet!