These forums have died down

muchidna

For me, life goes on. All the knowledge that I gained on this forum has come to fruition. I am confident in being a vegan in this world now, and just peak every once in awhile to see what everybody on the forum is posting about. And I see that it is the same issues that I had to tackle and find the answer to . . . for myself. Veganism, or the trendy plant-based nutrition lifestyle, is becoming at least known in the forward moving societies and nobody questions it with the usual facial expressions of disbelief of somebody not eating meat and actually thriving. And in the fitness world, plant-based nutrition is becoming the trend that stays as it works. It is so awesome that a plant-based nutritional lifestyle (veganism) that was once not heard of in my children's elementary school/high school, is now a healthy acceptable way of life.

Yeah, I think people come on here maybe to learn/improve etc. I guess the interaction with other like-minded people is pretty cool too, but when life gets busy or turns to mud forums often get forgotten about (or at least just put on the back-burner).

Also as Gaia probably rightly pointed out, this forum is probably less 'needed' for want of a better word when someone is comfortable with where they're at as a vegan. I drifted off here for the best part of a year, although my reason was initially due to not being able to log in for some reason !! Now I'm posting again I definitely am not on here as much as I was after I first joined up, that being due to a combination of reasons. I do however believe that this forum is still one of the the best web-based resources available. MF

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else noticed this? when i was active here about 2 years ago, the forums had alot more people actively posting, now it seems like someone will just post an update in a log every few days, what's up with that?

Yeah, I know. This place was a mad house back in 2007. This forum was really quite busy from 2005-2009, and then it slowly died down and Facebook took over as the place to go.

It was fairly active again in 2011 or so when I ran the New Year New You program, but it has been fairly quiet ever since.

Most people moved over to here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeganBodybuildingAndFitness/

We're about 20,000-strong there.

I created a new community here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/615575988564537/

This one has about 6,000 members and is quite active as well.

Forums like this were really popular around 2003-2009 and then other platforms (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) really took off. Now Instagram and many others are some of the most visited places.

I always appreciate the people I've met through this community. Thanks for being here!

Its coming back guys!! Let's not let it die completely, me and mike are back to chat, gonna convince a couple of friends to keep a journal here and be part of the discussions.

I do really miss it a few years back when it was a hive of activity

Thanks man. It's an uphill struggle for sure. I even wondered if we should keep the forum and thought of closing it down a while back.

It doesn't take too much work to maintain, though I do get a fair amount of emails from people with login issues, and such.

We'll probably keep it going, as-is. Most people have ventured over to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social communities, even for the forum experience, like we have in our Facebook groups that are still super active. I haven't spent much time here over the past 3 years, but I'll browse around to see what's new.

Thanks to all of you who are still part of the community! Sorry I haven't been around much. I run about 6 Facebook pages, 3 Twitter accounts, and have been writing books and touring.

You know what, I think this is the first time I've spoken to you in all the years I've used the forum aha, so just a quick thanks for all you do, I don't think I would have bothered to lift weights in the first place if it wasn't for your book and this site for inspiration.

I would definitely recommend you keep the forum going, a lot of vegans and veggies prefer a more private environment to talk about training and diet and this is a great place for them to do that, I for one have had bad experiences on bodybuilding.com and seen a lot of debate (often angry) on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram and a lot of us have enough of that at the gym, school and work

Big respect bud, know how busy you are!

You know what, I think this is the first time I've spoken to you in all the years I've used the forum aha, so just a quick thanks for all you do, I don't think I would have bothered to lift weights in the first place if it wasn't for your book and this site for inspiration.

I would definitely recommend you keep the forum going, a lot of vegans and veggies prefer a more private environment to talk about training and diet and this is a great place for them to do that, I for one have had bad experiences on bodybuilding.com and seen a lot of debate (often angry) on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram and a lot of us have enough of that at the gym, school and work

Big respect bud, know how busy you are!

Thanks for the feedback! I've seen you around the forum a lot over the years. You've got 1,500+ posts too, so it looks like you're quite active. I really appreciate that.

This forum was crazy-busy back in 2006-2009, especially 2007-2008. Some posts had 1,000+ views in half a day and it was an awesome, active place. I don't know that we can ever get it back to an active community with all the other social media platforms, but it nice to know that people still use this space and still enjoy the community.

I know I mostly use the forum as a place to host text and images for a contest or announcement or something like that. I'm active on a bunch of Facebook pages and groups with probably 100k posts, on Bodybuilding.com 3k posts, and Twitter at more than 60k posts between my various accounts, and I don't get over here very often. I'll try to drop in a bit more.

I hear you on the negative stuff on FB, Twitter, and especially YouTube. I have always stayed away from it, remaining positive all the time. Maybe this could be a good sanctuary away from that negative world.

Thank you for your kind words too. I appreciate it.

Have a great one! I have a cross-country flight tomorrow to head to DC to attend the National Animal Rights Conference. All the best!

• 2 years later...
Has anyone else noticed this? when i was active here about 2 years ago, the forums had alot more people actively posting, now it seems like someone will just post an update in a log every few days, what's up with that?

I think social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have eclipsed web boards and blogs.

• 2 months later...