Help this skinny fat vegan girl out!!!!!

Tia230

Hello, I am looking for some help to get me toned and defined

A little about me- I was vegetarian for a year and have successfully transitioned to fully vegan about three months ago. High carb, low fat to be specific. I have always had the skinny-fat body type; skinny body with my fat deposit going only to my stomach. Basically what I'm saying is my stomach is really squishy with little to no muscle. To give you an idea, my pant size is generally size 0, weighing 110 lbs at 5'6.

I eat an abundance of raw foods, and loads of pasta, potatoes, rice, and oatmeal. I don't count calories and my daily caloric intake changes depending on my work schedule, although I can estimate it to be an average of 2000+ a day. I still enjoy my peanut butter but have cut out majority of oil from my diet.

As well, I have recently joined a gym and try my best to workout 3-5 weekly, for at least an hour each day. I love clearing my mind and sweating from cardio and finishing my workout with some ab workouts and free weights.

My general workout routine consists of 15-20 minutes of HIIT on the stairmaster, 20-30 minutes of inclined speed walking/jogging on the treadmill, and 10-20 minutes of ab workouts and free weights.

I'm sick of being embarrassed of my soft stomach, regardless of how much I work on it.

So, my question is what can I do to transform my body to become more defined and stronger.

Please give me any advice you have!!! I'm open to changing my workout routine and altering my diet

• 1 month later...

Hi, firstly no one should be embarrassed about there body, but that doesn't mean theres not plenty of reasons to workout.

and secondly your doing great, just don't stop, you might want to cut down on pasta, and if losing weight is one of your goals

i know this sounds extreme ''pleas dot kill me any one'' .....interval fasting....... is great, i love food so well only skipped breakfast a couple of times, but it gives you a great buzz loads of energy, loads of time, and very beneficial for your body, people have became obsessed with eating, its a primative fear of sacristy emotional thing, it makes us feel safe, and secure, now that we have unlimited supplies of food, most people eat them selves to death. evan too much good food is bad for you.

good luck, your on the right road.

don't feel discouraged I'm new here, and didn't get many reply either, I'm to new to tell if there ant many people here, or if there in little clicks, or if starting my first post with, i was banned from {''A''} so i came here was a bad first impression lol.

First time I've seen this post so sorry I didn't post any help!

Well first of all there's not really such a thing as 'toning' just losing fat and gaining muscle and you can't do them both at the same time.

I would suggest you pick one first and do it for a set amount of weeks/months eg. Cutting fat for 3 months, which would involve a deficiet of calories ( work out your TDEE online) for me it's about 2150 calories to lose fat. To lose fat I go high fat/protein and low carb, especially before working out (carbbackloading works!) and to bulk up I normally go low fat high carb/protein but calories are the most important factor imo.

Work out to preserve and strengthen your muscles and get a decent cardio routine going on, I see you're into HIIT which is cool, personally I absolutely swear by low intensity high volume when it comes to cardio eg. Long walks, rowing or cycling.

Hope this helps

Source:

been lifting for quite a few years, went from the skinniest person in my friendship group (67kg) to the strongest and I'm currently weighing about 82.5Kg

Hi Tia

Sorry I missed this...

Some things to consider...

Contrary to popular belief, aerobic / steady state activity is not the most effective form of exercise for fat loss. Its a fact that one lb of fat can fuel the body for up to 10 hours or more of steady state activity -this makes areobic activity simply inefficient for the purpose of fat loss. Moreover, the research shows that when we engage in long bouts of steady state activity, we just simply end up eating more.

The most important contribution that exercise makes to a fat loss program is the maintance of lean muscle tissue while fat is lost. Areobics can actually cause you to lose muscle, this is why many bodybuilders are cutting out areobics from their pre contest prep.

All of the aspects of "total fitness" can be addressed with a properly conducted High intensity strength training program

Hope this helps

Rob