Vegan gains youtube

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Vegan gains youtube

#1 Postby HIT Rob » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi All,

Would like to know what others here think of the youtube channel vegan gains?

Personally I really like his "worst of the fitness industry" series, love seeing those druggies getting called out, however I find his attempt at humour poor and a lot of what he says is in bad taste.

Whats your take?

muchidna
Manatee

Re: Vegan gains youtube

#2 Postby muchidna » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:51 pm

lol, his videos are entertaining, a few of his latest videos seem a little worse put together... like the rich piana video, just seemed incoherent to me.

he does say stuff in bad taste, but it's not ofputting to me lol, like he just called out furiouspete about getting cancer again, bad taste, but i kinda agree with him, he makes fun of killing animals for food, is ignorant that the shitty diet he eats could have contributed to his cancer, and promotes it.. i think its reasonable to say... well, if you make fun of animal cruelty, i can make fun of you getting cancer again.

i think some of his advice is kinda incoherent, but i like his non PC attitude lol..

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#3 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:52 am

Yeah but laughing at the guy because he has cancer makes him just as bad as Pete, and many would argue worse. Moreover saying that he wants to stick his boot into a baby when they cry and squish into a bloody pulp is just messed up. Cant understand how youtube let him away with that. Imo the none PC attitude only detracts from the message hes trying to promote. But then being controversial gets attention.

vegan_rossco
Batman

#4 Postby vegan_rossco » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:37 am

Is that the Australian guy?? He's an absolute (C word) I hate him. Worst thing to happen to the vegan movement and a blight on veganism in general.
I'm pretty sure he was actually on an Australian TV show and had very severe deficiencies in B vitimans, mostly B12... Which really does veganism no favours either..
Will try and find the link
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

vegan_rossco
Batman

#5 Postby vegan_rossco » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:39 am

Wait my bad.. Got him confused with someone else, but after watching a couple of his videos... Yeah he's a c word too

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

muchidna
Manatee

#6 Postby muchidna » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:07 pm

well, i like the bad taste... i think the baby stpmp thing was obvious satire, but either way, if you can be outraged about someone saying they want to squick a baby into a bloody pulp, you should equally be outraged by someone grinding billions baby chickens into paste while they are alive...
if you can be outraged by him saying "i hope he gets cancer and dies", you should be equally as outraged if someone says "i'm gonna slit this cows throat so it dies"... i dont think the controversy is probably the best way to promote veganism, but hey, it's a free media, and i think the bad taste/controversy is valid when you consider the cruelty on the other end of the spectrum..

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#7 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Am saying nethier is wrong, and if his baby squishing comment was a joke, it was seruoisly bad taste, I dont see whats funny about it...but each to his own.
Last edited by HIT Rob on Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

vegan_rossco
Batman

#8 Postby vegan_rossco » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:32 am

Yeah it's not funny at all, it's what I would refer to as extremism (hate that word) and all he's doing is making ordinary folk hate vegans and make them look like dickheads.
He is by far the worst thing that ever happened to veganism..

LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#9 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:54 am

Meant to say both are WRONG, ive now corrected it lol

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#10 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:21 am

vegan_rossco wrote:Yeah it's not funny at all, it's what I would refer to as extremism (hate that word) and all he's doing is making ordinary folk hate vegans and make them look like dickheads.
He is by far the worst thing that ever happened to veganism..

LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

Agreed. He seems an intelligent (though not emotional intelligent) individual, I agree with a lot of what he says, hes getting plenty of attention from his "worse of the fitness industry" series...which I like, if he'd just leave out the nonesense he get his message across much better.

muchidna
Manatee

#11 Postby muchidna » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:56 am

worst thing to ever happen? being a bit dramatic ay

number wise, in the period of like 6 months he has gone from nobody to the highest viewed vegan youtuber, and gained 85k subscribers.. they arent all there just to watch the controversy, atleast a portion are going to think about it, and possibly reduce, or remove animal consumption... if even 20% of his subs (or even more peope counting view counts) reduce their animal consumption by 20% on average, or just promotes people to think about it, then it's good for veganism..

shit he says may be in really bad taste, but i find it usually has some meaning or parallel to the meat industry that he's making fun of... might not be good for veganism, but should he really censor his passion & anger about peoples apathy? i dont think so... it's like if <imaginary nation> was routinely killing <imaginary race>, and some guy made angry videos about it, i wouldnt be like "wow thats bad taste" or "wow he should sensor his expressions so it's easier to ignore"

i think it's hilarious seeing these meat eaters (who obviously can't identify satire, and cant rectify animal death with human death) making response videos saying "wow he's so disgusting, he's a school shooter, sociopath", then go on to eat some dead creature that night

muchidna
Manatee

#12 Postby muchidna » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:16 pm

lol, just saw this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ApANzgjjQc
as much as i hate mr repzion, i think that's were my understanding ends... just really stupid thing for him to say... it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion... also it seems like his twitch account was suspended following that

i think this might be a direct response to the video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz2ETV3gWJk

vegan_rossco
Batman

#13 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:11 am

No I don't think I'm being dramatic. It's like he's creating a subculture of violent vegans that think it's okay to threaten people's lives..
I didn't turn vegan until I was like 20 years old, all those years prior to that I just needed the right stimulus to get me there, this C**T would have turned me around so fast and made me an anti-vegan.

When I first turned vegetarian someone told me about how my local Boots store was fire bombed by the Animal Liberation Front because they sold products that were animal tested, at first I smirked about that thinking 'yeah good on them' and then, when I thought about it, I was disgusted, both with the A.L.F and again with myself for thinking that was a good thing.
Veganism is non violence and should be as such.

That video you shared (the first one) genuinely shocked me... And if you knew me, you would know how fucking difficult it is to do that, he's a genuine sociopath and as mr repzion said (I don't like him either btw) I think vegan gains , might actually harm or kill someone in the name of veganism.
Are you coming round to the idea that he's gone too far?

Eiji
Manatee

#14 Postby Eiji » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I dont like him. His call to "pray to satan" really turned me off. I did find some of his antics comical but the whole satanism, hatred of children and others is unbearable.
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

thecelticbatman
Rabbit

#15 Postby thecelticbatman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:43 am

I've watched a few of his youtube videos, and I think he does make some really good points about the over reliance on meat and dairy in bodybuilding culture for sure. Trouble is, there's so much put me off in his presentations that I just don't go to his channel anymore. I'd much rather watch a peaceful, supportive channel than his angry rants. It's a shame. I really hope he gets some help (support from friends, therapy, self help, whatever) and makes some sincere apologies to any people he's hurt needlessly. Focussing on the positives of veganism would make his channel a whole lot better in my opinion
The storm won't last long so hold on.

Return to “General Discussion”