Vegan gains youtube

HIT Rob

Hi All,

Would like to know what others here think of the youtube channel vegan gains?

Personally I really like his "worst of the fitness industry" series, love seeing those druggies getting called out, however I find his attempt at humour poor and a lot of what he says is in bad taste.

Whats your take?

lol, his videos are entertaining, a few of his latest videos seem a little worse put together... like the rich piana video, just seemed incoherent to me.

he does say stuff in bad taste, but it's not ofputting to me lol, like he just called out furiouspete about getting cancer again, bad taste, but i kinda agree with him, he makes fun of killing animals for food, is ignorant that the shitty diet he eats could have contributed to his cancer, and promotes it.. i think its reasonable to say... well, if you make fun of animal cruelty, i can make fun of you getting cancer again.

i think some of his advice is kinda incoherent, but i like his non PC attitude lol..

Yeah but laughing at the guy because he has cancer makes him just as bad as Pete, and many would argue worse. Moreover saying that he wants to stick his boot into a baby when they cry and squish into a bloody pulp is just messed up. Cant understand how youtube let him away with that. Imo the none PC attitude only detracts from the message hes trying to promote. But then being controversial gets attention.

Is that the Australian guy?? He's an absolute (C word) I hate him. Worst thing to happen to the vegan movement and a blight on veganism in general.

I'm pretty sure he was actually on an Australian TV show and had very severe deficiencies in B vitimans, mostly B12... Which really does veganism no favours either..

Will try and find the link

well, i like the bad taste... i think the baby stpmp thing was obvious satire, but either way, if you can be outraged about someone saying they want to squick a baby into a bloody pulp, you should equally be outraged by someone grinding billions baby chickens into paste while they are alive...

if you can be outraged by him saying "i hope he gets cancer and dies", you should be equally as outraged if someone says "i'm gonna slit this cows throat so it dies"... i dont think the controversy is probably the best way to promote veganism, but hey, it's a free media, and i think the bad taste/controversy is valid when you consider the cruelty on the other end of the spectrum..

Yeah it's not funny at all, it's what I would refer to as extremism (hate that word) and all he's doing is making ordinary folk hate vegans and make them look like dickheads.

He is by far the worst thing that ever happened to veganism..

LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

Agreed. He seems an intelligent (though not emotional intelligent) individual, I agree with a lot of what he says, hes getting plenty of attention from his "worse of the fitness industry" series...which I like, if he'd just leave out the nonesense he get his message across much better.

worst thing to ever happen? being a bit dramatic ay

number wise, in the period of like 6 months he has gone from nobody to the highest viewed vegan youtuber, and gained 85k subscribers.. they arent all there just to watch the controversy, atleast a portion are going to think about it, and possibly reduce, or remove animal consumption... if even 20% of his subs (or even more peope counting view counts) reduce their animal consumption by 20% on average, or just promotes people to think about it, then it's good for veganism..

shit he says may be in really bad taste, but i find it usually has some meaning or parallel to the meat industry that he's making fun of... might not be good for veganism, but should he really censor his passion & anger about peoples apathy? i dont think so... it's like if was routinely killing , and some guy made angry videos about it, i wouldnt be like "wow thats bad taste" or "wow he should sensor his expressions so it's easier to ignore"

i think it's hilarious seeing these meat eaters (who obviously can't identify satire, and cant rectify animal death with human death) making response videos saying "wow he's so disgusting, he's a school shooter, sociopath", then go on to eat some dead creature that night

lol, just saw this video

as much as i hate mr repzion, i think that's were my understanding ends... just really stupid thing for him to say... it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion... also it seems like his twitch account was suspended following that

i think this might be a direct response to the video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz2ETV3gWJk

No I don't think I'm being dramatic. It's like he's creating a subculture of violent vegans that think it's okay to threaten people's lives..

I didn't turn vegan until I was like 20 years old, all those years prior to that I just needed the right stimulus to get me there, this C**T would have turned me around so fast and made me an anti-vegan.

When I first turned vegetarian someone told me about how my local Boots store was fire bombed by the Animal Liberation Front because they sold products that were animal tested, at first I smirked about that thinking 'yeah good on them' and then, when I thought about it, I was disgusted, both with the A.L.F and again with myself for thinking that was a good thing.

Veganism is non violence and should be as such.

That video you shared (the first one) genuinely shocked me... And if you knew me, you would know how fucking difficult it is to do that, he's a genuine sociopath and as mr repzion said (I don't like him either btw) I think vegan gains , might actually harm or kill someone in the name of veganism.

Are you coming round to the idea that he's gone too far?

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched a few of his youtube videos, and I think he does make some really good points about the over reliance on meat and dairy in bodybuilding culture for sure. Trouble is, there's so much put me off in his presentations that I just don't go to his channel anymore. I'd much rather watch a peaceful, supportive channel than his angry rants. It's a shame. I really hope he gets some help (support from friends, therapy, self help, whatever) and makes some sincere apologies to any people he's hurt needlessly. Focussing on the positives of veganism would make his channel a whole lot better in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...
Is that the Australian guy?? He's an absolute (C word) I hate him. Worst thing to happen to the vegan movement

Interesting you say that (and use worse language than the aussie C-word ever did) because I just made a video, saying he's the "BEST" thing that's happened for the movement. Here's my reasoning:

(why can't this YT problem be fixed?)

Name someone who's given more visibility to veganism. How many thousands have you reached?

Is that the Australian guy?? He's an absolute (C word) I hate him. Worst thing to happen to the vegan movement

Interesting you say that (and use worse language than the aussie C-word ever did) because I just made a video, saying he's the "BEST" thing that's happened for the movement. Here's my reasoning:

Name someone who's given more visibility to veganism. How many thousands have you reached?

Lol

Robert Cheeke, Carl Lewis, Jim Morris to name but a few...

it's easy to be like "yeah i'm vegan, but i dont want to press my beliefs on someone, or hurt their feelings"

but when they are like "that is morally terrible, this is morally good, you're a bad person if you do that, this is better for your health because X Y Z"

they are psycho satanist(lol people care?) cunts.

also, i hate to bad-mouth our fellow forum members, but there's no way has robert cheeke, carl lewis, jim morris given anywhere near the exposure that these youtubers with millions of views have

http://puu.sh/kcCSl/6c2c0ac4e0.png

http://puu.sh/kcCUE/b8635aaf07.png

http://puu.sh/kcCWW/62a580032d.png

Uhmm, I care that he is associating being vegan and a professed satanic child hater. Is it more important to save an animal life than a human life? He's nothing but a troll.

With all those millions of views I would wager he is doing more to turn people away than turn them towards. That's pretty much what I'm saying. I went vegan before watching his videos and while some of them were well made, educational and entertaining he started going more and more hateful, satanist, and overall just weird with his skits swearing at his mom. I unsubscribed at that point and ignore his posts.

I became interested in WFPB diet after watching forks over knives. I followed up with more info from T. Collin Campbell, Esselstyn, Michael Greger, freelee, William Harris, Neal Bernard, plantpositive on u tube is good.

All the people above have done more and will contribute more and not be complete assholes at the same time.

it's easy to be like "yeah i'm vegan, but i dont want to press my beliefs on someone, or hurt their feelings"

but when they are like "that is morally terrible, this is morally good, you're a bad person if you do that, this is better for your health because X Y Z"

they are psycho satanist(lol people care?) cunts.

also, i hate to bad-mouth our fellow forum members, but there's no way has robert cheeke, carl lewis, jim morris given anywhere near the exposure that these youtubers with millions of views have

http://puu.sh/kcCSl/6c2c0ac4e0.png

http://puu.sh/kcCUE/b8635aaf07.png

http://puu.sh/kcCWW/62a580032d.png

Billions turn in to watch the Olympics, and it just so happens that arguably the greatest track and field olympian in history was vegan. Moreover, when people talk about vegan bodybuilding, the first names that crop up is Roberts and Jims, they have inspired many, and have dispelled a lot of myths about building muscle on a plant based diet.

Yes, VG has a has huge number of veiws, but has anyone read the comments? There mostly negative...even from vegans. People are tuning in only to see what outrageous thing hes going to say or do next, its car crash tv at its best.

But Carl Lewis never advertised his veganism, not even a shirt. I only know he's vegan cause I'm vegan, and hang out in vegan circles.

VG has 16 mil views

Durianrider (the aussie) ........ I just went to check. Saw a new banner saying "100 million views!" 150k subs.

Again, my video of Durianrider

But this one's more fun:

and a professed satanic child hater

well... alot of adults hate kids... i know i never want kids lol

and what does his religion matter? even though it's obviously satirical (from what i seen in his videos, i know he's atheist rather than holding supernatural beliefs)

but even if it wasn't satirical.. what difference would his religion make?

But Carl Lewis never advertised his veganism, not even a shirt. I only know he's vegan cause I'm vegan, and hang out in vegan circles.

VG has 16 mil views

Durianrider (the aussie) ........ I just went to check. Saw a new banner saying "100 million views!" 150k subs.

Again, my video of Durianrider

But this one's more fun:ę

Because he didnt have a political agenda, Lewis became a vegan to improve his athletic performance, and promoted it from the stand point.