Need help in planning grocery list

Denise1952

I would like to start my grocery list today, and if anyone knows of a "list" I can follow, that would be great. I want to get enough protein, naturally, but also some things to help my transition. Here are some things I already purchase on a regular basis:

Spinach

Avocados

Zucinni

Yellow Squash

Bell Peppers (I favor orange and yellow is my fave)

Tomatoes

Sweet Potatos or Yams

Nuts and Seed Bread from Signature brand (Safeway)

onions (red & green onions)

Olive Oil

seasonings (rare but when I use salt it's sea salt)

Juice

Water is my main drink of the day.

Asparagus

Fuji or other sweet apples

bananas

blueberries

Bosche Pears

Mixed Spring Greens

or 50/50 mix greens

Beans (white navy or red beans usually)

I need to figure Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner menus. I mean just to get me started into good eating habits.

I would add lentils (green or red, though the green ones are bigger and have more of a transitional chew to them), and cashews (raw and unsalted).

The lentils are good for a veggie soup (I just put what ever veggies in the fridge doesn't look the greatest to eat raw or cooked by itself), or take the cooked lentils and add tomato sauce with a drop of Agave (a sugar from the agave plant (cactus - yes, it is the same plant that they ferment down to tequila) and you have sloppy joes (put on the bread, toasted to get more of a chew).

Cashews are great for cream of anything. Soups mainly for me. But a little bit of nutritional yeast and sea salt and you have a cheesy sauce for any veggie. Also the oil in the cashews are satisfying for the transition from the animal fat in meat to just plant oils.

So I guess add on

lentils

agave

tomato sauce

cashews

nutritional yeast

• 1 year later...

Peas are also good for protein, canned are very good in a salad, also English marrowfat bigger peas (mushy or whole).

Firm tofu is great in a tofu scrabble recipe, put in a wrap with veggies. Slice tofu from the long side and fry and use in sandwiches.

Chickpeas are very good mashed with a fork add vegan mayo, diced pickle and onion, use in a sandwich.

Soak 2 tablespoons of chia seed in soy milk for a pudding, add fruit.

Muesli is great for breakfast with added vegan protein powder, walnuts and sunflower seeds.

I make a good mixed salad for lunch and add a cup of mixed beans, sprinkle olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

• 4 months later...

I would add Soybean, Lentils, and Kale.

Soy proteins help control cholesterol, reduce body weight, reduce the risk of cancer.

Lentils help lower cholesterol, insoluble dietary fiber helps prevent constipation.

Kale is a healthy source of fiber & also beneficial for heart health.

• 3 years later...