Lions Rescue Girl

sirdle

Did anyone see this Associated Press story from June?

http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/050621_ap_lion.html

Ethioian lions are famous for their large black manes and wanted by hunters. At most, there are only 1,000 left in the wild. These lions are the country's national symbol, but there is some local concern that it may not be worth the cost to prevent their extinction.

Now comes a story form Addis Ababa: A 12 year old girl was kidnapped and beaten to force her into a marriage (70% of Ethiopian marriages are by abduction). Three lions emerged from the bush and drove off the attackers. The lions then stayed with the girl and guarded her until she was found by members of her tribe and the police. The lions then casually walked off... their job done. Many are now calling this a "miracle" and there seems to be renewed interest in protecting these marvelous animals.

Wow, I'll have to click on the link and read the article, that sounds really interesting.

I love interacting with animals, especially wild animals. Although I haven't spent any time with Lions.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Someone posted this before? (I know I read it on one forum for sure), it was a very cool read. The lions even knew when the people were good or bad, because when the police came, they let her go and went their own way. Sad that people think that animals are nothing and have no souls....tsk tsk...