become a personal trainer?? life goals?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#31 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:06 pm

kollision wrote:
veganmadre wrote:I was studing psychology and social services - I knew I wanted to do some type of advocacy/social work. These jobs are poverty level jobs -even with degrees. I decided, at the time, that I could move up quicker within a social service agency (which I did) by working full time than by completing school. Now, however, I'm finding that there is a reason social services jobs have such a high turnover rate - also, doesn't help that Bush and Swawtenagger ( I say that with an accent) are cutting all kinds of social programs.... :evil:

Ughh..I just hate that. I have read a few things about them taking the money out of animal stuff for other issues. Also Bush now saying that they are going to drill in the Artic Refuge...that's just not pretty.

wait?! theyre gonna drill in the arctic refuge? wont that like destroy the area and habitats for animals?

CollegeB
Elephant

#32 Postby CollegeB » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:29 pm

Madre you are lucky you don't work in TX. We have very little money for social services. We actually spend only a quarter on each alcoholic in the state that is in a rehab program. And that is annually. In Denton alone we have a place with 48 beds that is to serve an addict population of 500. Now rehab agencies cannot be within i think 1,000 yrds of a church or atleast that is what our brainless politicians are proposing. There are plenty of rehab programs that would like to see their clients go to church. I'm leaving TX to find work. Maybe i'll come back when i can have a private practice. My life goal is to get into a clinical psych program or rehab program. Finish up with a doctorate sometime. If all else fails I'll be a detective. Though running a vegan eatery would also be a dream come true. I should take a few business courses before I try that though.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#33 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:57 pm

a vegan eatery would be awesome.

what about a eatery attatched to a gym? that be even sweeter.

CollegeB
Elephant

#34 Postby CollegeB » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:09 am

Nice, now thats a goal.

kollision
Elephant

#35 Postby kollision » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:01 am

Sorry for the late reply but yes Topher.

michaelhobson
Elephant

#36 Postby michaelhobson » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:22 am

V VII Hero wrote:a vegan eatery would be awesome.

what about a eatery attatched to a gym? that be even sweeter.

When I lived in Asheville North Carolina, the YMCA had a vegan cafe!!!!! 8)

Return to “General Discussion”