Baby animals

Gym hater

I have a problem. At home I have a rabbit and two guiny pigs(dont know if thats the correct spelling). They all live in a miniature house, and during the day I let the door open so they can run around the garden. They always go in and out of the little house by themselfs after they have eaten enough grass. When it is night time the door gets closed.

The female guiny pig was pregnant, and now there are 5 baby guiny pigs. Well, there are 4 babys now becouse a cat ate one. This is the problem. The neigbours cat is always trying to kill the babys. So what do I do now? Do I just let the babys get eaten? Do I set a cat trap(non lethal)? Or do I just not let them outside until they are bigger?

Not letting them outside would not be an option for me, since they enjoy eating grass to much.

I have a problem. At home I have a rabbit and two guiny pigs(dont know if thats the correct spelling). They all live in a miniature house, and during the day I let the door open so they can run around the garden. They always go in and out of the little house by themselfs after they have eaten enough grass. When it is night time the door gets closed.

The female guiny pig was pregnant, and now there are 5 baby guiny pigs. Well, there are 4 babys now becouse a cat ate one. This is the problem. The neigbours cat is always trying to kill the babys. So what do I do now? Do I just let the babys get eaten? Do I set a cat trap(non lethal)? Or do I just not let them outside until they are bigger?

Not letting them outside would not be an option for me, since they enjoy eating grass to much.

DO NOT...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THEM OUTSIDE. I would even let them do that without being under my supervision. Just think of them as babies, and you will know what to do.

They are guiny pigs, and those are born with hair, teeth and everything so they are ready to eat grass. And when I let them outside, I offcourse monitor the process. And they just follow their mother. Everything is going just fine, except for the cat.

They are guiny pigs, and those are born with hair, teeth and everything so they are ready to eat grass. And when I let them outside, I offcourse monitor the process. And they just follow their mother. Everything is going just fine, except for the cat.

AH, I thought you were letting them outside when you werent home. I was like So you do not see that Cat around at all? Do you have some sort of a fence or is it an open yard? Perhaps what you can do is put some barracade where you and the guinea pig family so that if the cat does come around, the cat will be blocked off. You could use a blanket, one of those baby cages, etc.

I did use a sort of fence when they were just born. But since they are a little bigger now I just put open the door of their house and they just walk around the garden. The garden does not have any fences, and they can just run away if they wish. Strangely enough they stay in the garden and back into their house after a while and then I just close the door.

I really is fun to see them run around the garden and eat from all the plants. The only down point is the neigbours cat whom I have to get out of my garden. The cat does not give any problems with the rabbit and the mature guinea pigs, but it chases the little guinea pigs. This really sucks becouse the guinea pigs need their excercise.

So I think I am just going to catch the cat and ask the owner to keep it out of my garden(which, as the law says, it is not allowed to enter without permission). Does anyone have any ideas for non lethal cat catching?

I did use a sort of fence when they were just born. But since they are a little bigger now I just put open the door of their house and they just walk around the garden. The garden does not have any fences, and they can just run away if they wish. Strangely enough they stay in the garden and back into their house after a while and then I just close the door.

I really is fun to see them run around the garden and eat from all the plants. The only down point is the neigbours cat whom I have to get out of my garden. The cat does not give any problems with the rabbit and the mature guinea pigs, but it chases the little guinea pigs. This really sucks becouse the guinea pigs need their excercise.

So I think I am just going to catch the cat and ask the owner to keep it out of my garden(which, as the law says, it is not allowed to enter without permission). Does anyone have any ideas for non lethal cat catching?

Not sure if there are non lethal cat catching without the use of sleeping darts. Also I doubt you would want to literally catch the cat because the cat might end up scratching you. Why dont for the time being you let the baby guinea pigs stay inside and then slowly and very cautiously introduce them back to the outside? You could bring some plants in for them to eat in the inside.

its very easy to catch cats if youre fast. I had to do it at the animal hospital. its safe to do and non threatening to both you and the cat.

bring a heavy blanket with you. what you do is throw it over the cat (the blanket has to be heavy enough or else when you throw it, it will take forever to fall). the cat doesnt realize what is going on, and therefore wont scratch or bite. gingerly but swiftly scoop the cat and the blanket up in one motion, and then bring the cat over to the owner.

if you are scared of hurting the cat with the blanket, or you do not think you can do it. you can always risk getting scratched and bit. mother cats carry their kittens around by their neck. they have extra skin on the back of their necks for grabbing and carrying them. it doesnt hurt them at all. if you pick up a cat like this, they cant scratch you. once you pick the cat up, you can then wrap em in the blanket (with his head out), around his feet, so he does not scratch you. and then carry em over to the owner in your hands.

I assure you if done properly neither you nor the cat will be harmed.

Gym hater,

PLEASE DONT LET THEM OUTSIDE AT ALL WITHOUT YOU BEING RIGHT THERE TO PROTECT THEM. What a horrible way to die for a lil baby animal.

Why not just let them run around your home and bring grass inside? There is something called cat grass - you grow it in a pot and the cat eats it. You can grow grass for them inside in the same way.

I think the world out there is a dangerous place for guniea pigs, especially if your neighbours have predators lurking around.