Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I agree!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:09 pm 
Elephant

veggiechik wrote:
I save everything I can! I pick up cockroaches with kleenex and put them back outside. I try to save earthworms that come out of the grass and that may die on the pavement. I have run in the middle of a busy intersection to save a puppy that ended up getting hit. Because of my bf and I, the dog made it and was adopted. I do everything i can, including volunteering at the SPCA and when I lived in MI, I worked with the anti-cruelty society.

I am very iffy about the human race. Children I feel are like animals. Helpless and need to be protected. As far as adults, we do enough destruction to this earth and to everything else. We cannot even treat other humans right, let alone treat animals or children right.

I just do the best I can in my life to not harm anything. I do not litter, I do not hurt other creatures and I do not hurt other people. Bugs are living breathing beings too and feel pain. I do everything I can to save them!

I totally agree with all you said. Glad to hear how you helped that puppy, thats sad no one came out to help him/her before you guys did. Also thanks for volunteering at the SPCA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:10 pm 
Elephant

michaelhobson wrote:
kollision wrote:
As for a movie on a summer evening, I rarely go to the movies and if I do, its in theaters.

Well, I meant the drive there. Maybe you live in the city and don't need to drive? I hope so, that is what I am working toward. It was just an example really, driving anywhere on a summer evening means taking hundreds of lives, but I don't see many vegans complaining about it.

Maybe this is something that we should consider then, thanks for bringing it up. I dont know if bugs really do die via the streets. Are there even ants on the street? I know they are on side walks, rarely do I see them, but I only do see them on teh sidewalks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:45 pm 
Rabbit

you know what is sad kollison? This puppy's owner didn't have a leash on it, the dog ran into the middle of the intersection with cars whizzing by and when I jumped out of the car, he was just staring at his dog who was trying to avoid being hit. I yelled at him to help and he said "Screw this, You can have the dog." I was so mad as I watched them walk away, not caring about the dog at all.

Poor thing got hit a few minutes later. Thanks to my wonderful bf, the car that hit the dog slowed down to avoid hitting Steve. SO the little pup wasn't severly injured, but its back leg was not good.

How can people be like that? Just leave an animal to die like that? :x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:54 pm 
Stegosaurus

veggiechik wrote:
I save everything I can! I pick up cockroaches with kleenex and put them back outside. I try to save earthworms that come out of the grass and that may die on the pavement. I have run in the middle of a busy intersection to save a puppy that ended up getting hit. Because of my bf and I, the dog made it and was adopted. I do everything i can, including volunteering at the SPCA and when I lived in MI, I worked with the anti-cruelty society.

I am very iffy about the human race. Children I feel are like animals. Helpless and need to be protected. As far as adults, we do enough destruction to this earth and to everything else. We cannot even treat other humans right, let alone treat animals or children right.

I just do the best I can in my life to not harm anything. I do not litter, I do not hurt other creatures and I do not hurt other people. Bugs are living breathing beings too and feel pain. I do everything I can to save them!

Ya I do the earthworm thing to!!! If I see a worm on the hot pavement, I will stoop and scoop it up and put it back on the cool grass where it needs to be to survive. I first got the idea to do so by Albert Schweitzer, a humanitarian and nobel peace prize laureate who use to take the time to scoop worms from the hot pavement and put them back on the cool grass.

You and I will be getting along just fine Veggiechik!!!! :wink:

and as far as those pricks that stood there watching their puppy frantically trying to avoid getting hit, :shock: what the f$#ck was the puppy doing off leash in a busy traffic area in the first place? The sad thing is, those assholes probably went and got ANOTHER dog. what is the point of gettng a pet if you care so little for it? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I HATE seeing animals off leash unless it is safe for them to be off leash. How many times have I questioned people dead in their tracks and the response is always the same ignorrant, foolish one:

"My dog wouldnt run into the street."

idiots!!! :evil: and the animals once again are the ones that have to pay the price for human idiocy!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:58 pm 
Stegosaurus

[quote="veggiechik] . I yelled at him to help and he said "Screw this, You can have the dog." I was so mad as I watched them walk away, not caring about the dog at all.

How can people be like that? Just leave an animal to die like that? :x[/quote]

people like this bring out the violent side of me. If I was there..... this guy would have been eating his own liver.

what the F%$CK is wrong with people, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:07 pm 
Rabbit

Let me tell ya, I was steaming. i yelled some things I am not proud of, but I went back to the dog because I wanted to save him. I was crying so hard when I saw the dog get hit, because after all I did, I still couldn't stop him from getting hurt. Poor pup. :( How hard is it to keep an animal on a leash? I have one for my cat, I had one for my birds. How hard is it?

You and I will get along great! My boyfriend screams if he sees a cockroach, he hates them, and he will lift me up to get them if they are crawling up high on the walls. I just cannot kill them though. I did once and I cried over it. I cannot hurt any of gods creatures, I just cannot.

Earthworms are so cute, I hate to see them die. After a rain, the sidewalks outside the apt look like a massacre happened, it is so sad.

I don't understand what is wrong with people, I just hope there are enough compassionate people to balance this out eventually!
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:20 pm 
Elephant

kollision wrote:
michaelhobson wrote:
kollision wrote:
As for a movie on a summer evening, I rarely go to the movies and if I do, its in theaters.

Well, I meant the drive there. Maybe you live in the city and don't need to drive? I hope so, that is what I am working toward. It was just an example really, driving anywhere on a summer evening means taking hundreds of lives, but I don't see many vegans complaining about it.

Maybe this is something that we should consider then, thanks for bringing it up. I dont know if bugs really do die via the streets. Are there even ants on the street? I know they are on side walks, rarely do I see them, but I only do see them on teh sidewalks.

Where do you live Kollision? I live in the south, there are millions of moths, mosquitoes, gnats etc. out at night. One could easily kill hundreds of them driving. I have at times had the entire front of my car plastered in dead bugs. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:41 pm 
Elephant

veggiechik wrote:
you know what is sad kollison? This puppy's owner didn't have a leash on it, the dog ran into the middle of the intersection with cars whizzing by and when I jumped out of the car, he was just staring at his dog who was trying to avoid being hit. I yelled at him to help and he said "Screw this, You can have the dog." I was so mad as I watched them walk away, not caring about the dog at all.

Poor thing got hit a few minutes later. Thanks to my wonderful bf, the car that hit the dog slowed down to avoid hitting Steve. SO the little pup wasn't severly injured, but its back leg was not good.

How can people be like that? Just leave an animal to die like that? :x

Damnit, another reason to hate men. See this is a good example of people, only care about their damn selves. Luckily you were there and I thank you and your BF for risking your lives to save that puppy. That guy can burn in hell for all I care. Again, thanks a lot for helping him and others and for finding them better homes to live in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:42 pm 
Elephant

compassionategirl wrote:
veggiechik wrote:

Ya I do the earthworm thing to!!! If I see a worm on the hot pavement, I will stoop and scoop it up and put it back on the cool grass where it needs to be to survive. I first got the idea to do so by Albert Schweitzer, a humanitarian and nobel peace prize laureate who use to take the time to scoop worms from the hot pavement and put them back on the cool grass.

You and I will be getting along just fine Veggiechik!!!! :wink:

and as far as those pricks that stood there watching their puppy frantically trying to avoid getting hit, :shock: what the f$#ck was the puppy doing off leash in a busy traffic area in the first place? The sad thing is, those assholes probably went and got ANOTHER dog. what is the point of gettng a pet if you care so little for it? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I HATE seeing animals off leash unless it is safe for them to be off leash. How many times have I questioned people dead in their tracks and the response is always the same ignorrant, foolish one:

"My dog wouldnt run into the street."

idiots!!! :evil: and the animals once again are the ones that have to pay the price for human idiocy!!!

Wow I didnt know that the earthworms were like that, thanks for letting me know, I'll do that next time I see them. But, maybe they are running away from predators?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:45 pm 
Elephant

veggiechik wrote:
Let me tell ya, I was steaming. i yelled some things I am not proud of, but I went back to the dog because I wanted to save him. I was crying so hard when I saw the dog get hit, because after all I did, I still couldn't stop him from getting hurt. Poor pup. :( How hard is it to keep an animal on a leash? I have one for my cat, I had one for my birds. How hard is it?

You and I will get along great! My boyfriend screams if he sees a cockroach, he hates them, and he will lift me up to get them if they are crawling up high on the walls. I just cannot kill them though. I did once and I cried over it. I cannot hurt any of gods creatures, I just cannot.

Earthworms are so cute, I hate to see them die. After a rain, the sidewalks outside the apt look like a massacre happened, it is so sad.

I don't understand what is wrong with people, I just hope there are enough compassionate people to balance this out eventually!
:(

Preach the truther sister! That is the same thing that goes through my head as well.

You know what the funny thing is? When a dog mauls a person, they are a monster and need to be put down. When a person eat meat, its nothing. When a person keeps a dog confined to one spot, thats not cruel. When a person kills an animal, they get a slap on the wrist with a fine. Damnit, such backwards mentality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:45 pm 
Elephant

michaelhobson wrote:
kollision wrote:
michaelhobson wrote:
kollision wrote:

Where do you live Kollision? I live in the south, there are millions of moths, mosquitoes, gnats etc. out at night. One could easily kill hundreds of them driving. I have at times had the entire front of my car plastered in dead bugs. :(

Los Angeles mate. About the south, I think I know what you are talking about. There are a lot of them critters out there. Like ya said, we do what we can. Sadly they die though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:16 am 
Rabbit

Yeah, you can kill an animal brutally and the most you will get isup to a year in jail (which never happens) and a fine. Big fricken deal! People make me so angry and that is why I have a hard time feeling the same compassion for them as I do for the animal kingdom. :x

As for the pup, I thought about adopting him, but I didn't want him trapped in an apartment with no yard to run. I have two cats now, but no dogs for this reason. I always see these big dogs in this complex and I feel for them. They want to run and play, not be kept on a leash and walked. I refuse to get my rotwiler (sp?) until I get a house with a nice big yard! :wink:

As for the earthworms, I am not sure if they are running from predators, but I know the eain brings them out and then they fry under the hot FL sun. If I see them, I will put them back in the grass so they have a chance of living...they can run away in the grass ya know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:57 pm 
Elephant

It's already a long thread... most has been said already.

Insects:
I avoid killing them where i can, but i think it's impossible to kill none at all. One shouldn't be depressed when he/she accidently killed an insect.

I had ants once in my flat. At first, when they were few, i collected them one by one by hand and brought them outside. Then they grew in number and i began to gently brush them together and bring them outside. They still continued to come more numerously, and so i took the vacuum cleaner to pick them up. I wanted to bring them outside again, but i discovered that they didn't survive the process :-(
But i had to do something, so i tried all kinds of natural methods to deter them, i asked in vegan forums, to no avail. :-(
Finally i was before the choice of being overrun by ants or to use poison. Which i did :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 am 
Elephant

Anyone with a "pest" problem can give this website a try. http://www.dirtdoctor.com/faq.php The guy that runs it is Howard Garrett. He is an organic gardner, but also does organic pest solutions. I have not looked over all his methods but I think they are mostly vegan. On his radio show he did say that eliminating some squirrels which had killed a grove of trees on this guys property might be the only solution if some sprays and traps didnt work, but Howard is not a vegan. He did appologize to any animal lovers he offended though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:39 am 
Stegosaurus

CollegeB wrote:
Anyone with a "pest" problem can give this website a try. http://www.dirtdoctor.com/faq.php The guy that runs it is Howard Garrett. He is an organic gardner, but also does organic pest solutions. I have not looked over all his methods but I think they are mostly vegan. On his radio show he did say that eliminating some squirrels which had killed a grove of trees on this guys property might be the only solution if some sprays and traps didnt work, but Howard is not a vegan. He did appologize to any animal lovers he offended though.

he sounds like a basically decent guy.