Vegan Sports Nutrition Conf. Sept. 24, CA

robert

I'm not sure if I'll be attending this event but I "might" be. Some of my freinds, including Brendan Brazier will be there. Held in San Francisco, CA on the 24th of September.

Here is a bit of info from their poster:

The glut of information on health, athletic performance and nutrition can be overwhelming. Have you ever wondered how you can optimize your health and performance through diet and lifestyle? At the 2005 conference, some of the world's best vegan athletes will divulge the secrets of their success: a plant-based diet and lifestyle (we really don't like keeping secrets).

Check out this link to get more details.

http://www.organicathlete.org/conference/

-Robert

• 1 month later...

Here is some more info:

Dear friends,

The inagural OrganicAthlete Conference is just around the corner. With a stellar lineup of speakers and athletes, this event promises to deliver a wealth of information and inspiration, and we'd love to have you there! Here's just a few highlights:

Conference Includes Delicious Catered Meal

Juicy Lucy's, San Fransisco's premier juice bar and organic, vegan cafe, will be serving up a delicious lunch for conference goers. Along with an abundance of fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, you'd better be sure to train hard next week because you will be well-fed at our event!

Walking the talk

Still insanely fit at over 50 years of age, Dr. Doug Graham walks his talk. A reknowned expert on sports nutrition and sought by many Olympic athletes, Doug is a walking encylopedia of nutrition information and a dynamic speaker. Doug will give a presentation on "Nutrition and Athletic Performance" that will distill the essentials of optimal sports nutrition in easy to understand principles.

Volunteer Opportunities

We still have volunteer opportunities available! Put in 3-4 hours of your time and get into the event free! Email me or call 707-360-8511 if you are interested.

So where do you get your protein?

The protein question just won't go away, and Dr. Rick Dina's presentation illustrates why whole, plant foods are the best answer. In his powerful, scientific presentation, Dr. Dina explains how a vegan diet can provides essential protein for athletes and active people. Dr. Dina has years of clinical, research and education experience in vegan nutrition, and his presentation will arm you with the facts you need to make informed choices about your nutritional intake of this largely misunderstood nutrient.

How should you train?

Rozalind Gruben-Graham is one fit lady. A highly sought after fitness instructor in the United Kingdom, Rozi has taught hundreds of fitness classes. And like her husband, Doug Graham, Rozi walks her talk with grace and exuberance. In her talk on "Effective Fitness Training," Rozi will discuss the different elements of fitness and how to plan your training to meet your fitness goals.

Lifetime Vegan

Where are the examples of longterm vegan success? The path towards a vegetarian or vegan diet is full of people who tried and didn't stick with it for one reason or another. Dr. Ruth Hiedrich has been a vegan for 23 years and counting. And she's not looking back. What has she learned along the way? What's it take to stick to a vegan diet? Come listen as Ruth shares her lifetime of experience.

Going the distance

Are you an endurance athlete? Then we have just the educational seminar for you. Brendan Brazier, a professional Ironman distance triathlete, and other endurance experts will be sharing their knowledge and experience. Discover the why a plant-based diet is truly best for endurance athletes and how to get all the nutrition you need to go the distance.

Get HUGE!

OK, so you might not look like some dude in a Bodybuilding magazine without steroids, but you can get ripped and still be vegan. In fact, you'll be much healthier. Charlie Abel, a raw vegan personal trainer, talks about "How to Build Muscle on a Raw Vegan Diet." And we will also have Kenneth Williams on hand to discuss why he went vegan and how he maintains his size (which is pretty darn big) without eating animal products.

But how do I prepare all this new food?

A vegan diet is great, but not if you don't know how to make the food. Justin Lucke, an expert cook, will give a 2 hour demonstration on vegan food preparation. Juicey Lucy's will also give a demonstration on making delicious smoothies and juices.

So what are you waiting for?

Register Today!

https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizations/organicathlete/event/checkOut.jsp?event_KEY=3533&t=Conference.dwt

Only $65 - OrganicAthlete members get $5 off

Tour d'Organics Riders get a $20 discount.

Travel as a community

Does your car have two people and four seats? Are you taking the train alone while your neighbor rides a few cars behind you? Combined Veg Day/Organic Athlete SpaceShare site is exploring ways to hold a greener festival, and we also hope to help you make connections with your neighbors. Our festival can start when you leave your home, when you get on the plane, when you carpool to the airport! Share a ride, share a flight, share a hotel room, share a taxi or car rental. Local residents willing to host a guest are especially needed! Try out our new SpaceShare green travel system, and look for connections. Fill every seat of every car!

http://www.spaceshare.com/vegorganic

I hope to meet you there,

Bradley Saul

OrganicAthlete President

Hey Michael,

I think it will be an awesome event. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I don't have a whole lot of extra traveling money and I'm already taking time off from work to attend the Taste Of Health Festival in Vancouver, B.C. Canada in 2 weeks and to compete again in the near future in Washington State.

My friend Brendan will be speaking there. He's been on tour all summer long. He was nice enough to stop in Oregon for a week to film Vegan Fitness - Built Naturally with me.

If anyone is in the Northern California area, I highly suggest you attend this event.

-Robert