ARE YOU FREECYCLING YET?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

robert
Site Admin

ARE YOU FREECYCLING YET?

#1 Postby robert » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 am

I found this in an awesome Eugene Vegan Newsletter:

ARE YOU FREECYCLING YET?
The Freecycle Network™ is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Each local group is run by a local volunteer moderator. Membership is free. The Freecycle Network was started in May 2003 by environmentalist, Deron Beal, to promote waste reduction in downtown Tucson and help save desert landscape from being taken over by landfills. The Network provides individuals and non-profits an electronic forum to "recycle" unwanted items. One person's trash can truly be another's treasure! Go to www.freecycle.org to learn more; sign up (FREE) for Eugene Freecycle at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleEugene/ 1.53 million people are freecycling worldwide. Aren’t you curious?

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Daywalker
Elephant

#2 Postby Daywalker » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:00 am

Hey Rob, i just discovered this thread.

Thanks for the info! Some vegans don't care about environment or human rights at all, i'm glad that you (we here) are different!

I'll join the local group right away. Cool stuff! 8)

Daywalker
No one said it would be easy.

lelle
Elephant

#3 Postby lelle » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:27 am

thats cool! i'll join,too!
thanks for the info rob 8)

willpeavy
Elephant

#4 Postby willpeavy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:31 pm

Great link. Freecycle is awesome. Me and my wife use it all the time.

Richard
Site Admin

#5 Postby Richard » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:20 am

Wow that is really interesting. And there is even a section for the county that I live in, with over 1000 members :x :!: :? I didn't even know there was 1000 people in my county it's so shitty. I will examine further using my eyes in conjunction with my brain to extract information from the site relating to the subject.

Return to “General Discussion”