Vegan Vacation 2006

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Tarz
Elephant

#241 Postby Tarz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:10 am

compassionategirl wrote:Kourt, i think your just messin' with Tarz's head. :wink:

It's not hard to mess my head up... :roll:

Tarz
Elephant

#242 Postby Tarz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:11 am

willpeavy wrote:What does chuffed and knackered mean?

Chuffed - happy/pleased
Knackered - tired/exhausted

michaelhobson
Elephant

#243 Postby michaelhobson » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:19 am

Tarz wrote:
willpeavy wrote:What does chuffed and knackered mean?

Chuffed - happy/pleased
Knackered - tired/exhausted

Knackered comes from "the knacker man". This was the guy in the UK who collected all the road kill, farm animals who died early etc. Then he would make pet food of the meat, bone meal, hides, leather etc. and sell them. Generally the knacker man was the lowest class individual in town and his homestead could be smelled from a mile away. At least that is how I have understood it. :D

Okay, I admit I once had an obsession with James Heriot's books and read them all, and that is where I first learned about the knacker man. :oops:

michaelhobson
Elephant

#244 Postby michaelhobson » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:19 am

So, should we officially consider this thread hijacked?

willpeavy
Elephant

#245 Postby willpeavy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:15 am

michaelhobson wrote:Knackered comes from "the knacker man". This was the guy in the UK who collected all the road kill, farm animals who died early etc.

What about the guy in Monty Python and the Holy Grail that goes around town saying, "Bring out your dead"? Is he a knacker man?

robert
Site Admin

#246 Postby robert » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:21 pm

So, should we officially consider this thread hijacked?

Yeah, I think it's official.

I will start a NEW Vegan Fitness Vacation Thread with all the updated info on timelines, locations, activities, who's coming, etc. so then when we get off track we can just select that section, copy and paste and re-post it to make it fresh so it won't ever get lost between the Waistcoats and then Knacker Man.

-Rob :wink:

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Daniel

#247 Postby Daniel » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:02 pm

michaelhobson wrote:The UK is nice, but I love the sun and the beach.

This thread is so off topic I have know idea what is going on. But michaelhobson's post on page two made me think of this quote from the movie Snatch that Crystal "The Total Physique" is always telling me.

Cousin Abraham 'Avi' Denovitz: I don't like leaving my own country, Doug. And, I especially don't like leaving it for anything less than warm sandy beaches and cocktails with little straw hats.

Doug 'The Head' Denovitz: We've got sandy beaches.

Cousin Abraham 'Avi' Denovitz: So, who the fu** wants to see 'em?!

robert
Site Admin

#248 Postby robert » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:31 pm

Just so we don't confuse anymore people, we can refer to this event as it was originally referred to as: "Vegan Vacation" feel free to add the "summer" or "2006" or both after the first two words.

I look forward to seeing you this summer.

--Rob

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Return to “General Discussion”