Minneapolis/St. Paul Vegan friendly?

sirdle

I am sending off a resume to a company based in St. Paul, Minnesota. Has anyone been there? Is it easy to find vegan food there? Good gyms? Good music scene?

I have only been there in the late fall on my way to the Boundary Waters for canoe trips and it seems nice enough, but I wasn't trying to find vegan food and didn't pay much attention to the culture.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Hey, Sirdle. I'm not exactly sure about vegan options in the Minneapolis/St. Paul region, but I have a friend from school who lives there and loves it. Another friend of mine recently went up to Minneapolis with him and said it was a really cool city, so my guess is vegan options naturally follow. They also made mention of some cool Irish and English pubs, great art museums and the like, so it sounds pretty good. From the way my friend makes it sound, though, Minneapolis is a beacon of light next to the dark hole that may or may not be St. Paul. But I believe they are dueling twin cities, so take that for what it's worth.

Also go to www.VegDining.com to find vegan-friendly restaurants in the area and go to Whole Foods, Wild Oats and Trader Joe's Web sites to see if there are any of those stores in the area.

GOOD LUCK with your professional endeavours!

Thanks, Nat. Everything is still in early stages... I had a good first interview but we didn't talk about salary or benefits... and I don't think my wife really wants to move so maybe nothing will come of it. But thanks anyway.

Also go to www.VegDining.com to find vegan-friendly restaurants in the area and go to Whole Foods, Wild Oats and Trader Joe's Web sites to see if there are any of those stores in the area.

Well, I struck out with www.VegDining.com, Wild Oats, and Trader Joes in St. Paul, but there are 4 vegan restaurants in Minneapolis, and there is a Whole Foods store in Minneapolis and one in St. Paul .

I talked with some friends in St. Paul who are vegetarian. They said that the food scene is good. There are several excellent Co-ops and the regular food stores seem to have a good selection of organic fruits and vegetables. And in the summer there is always the farmer's market! So that all looks good. I was afraid that I was going to have to spend all of September squirling away food in holes in the walls and attic against the onslaught of winter, but never fear.

• 2 weeks later...

http://exploreveg.org/

This is a link to Compassionate Action for Animals which does a lot of stuff at the University of Minnesota. They also have a restaurant guide link for vegan friendly places around there.

I thought it was pretty nice place although I was too busy with school 24/7 the entire time I was there to really go do anything.