car-free but not care-free

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

car-free but not care-free

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:24 pm

once i start school in october, I will be car-free and get around using public transportation, bicycle, carpooling, and on foot. hopefully I can continue this method, and get around without having to drive a car.

its all about saving the environment :)

Richard
Site Admin

#2 Postby Richard » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:26 pm

When I was at university, I lived city-centre and didn't take my car with me, I just walked everywhere, as most stuff was within an hour's walk. Now I live back home in the country-side, public transport irritates me too much so I drive. I'd like to do without a car too, I feel bad for using it.

willpeavy
Elephant

#3 Postby willpeavy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:21 pm

Being car free is the best. What city are you going to be living in?

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#4 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:58 pm

willpeavy wrote:Being car free is the best. What city are you going to be living in?

I will be living in Staten Island, NY while I attend personal training school in Hoboken, NJ.

I'm not a fan of the pollution in NJ and NY. I hate when I can taste the air and it feels like Im breathing garbage. I wont even get started on the water, and litter. but Im there to learn, and in 6 months I can make my way to the cleanest city in the US: portland, oregon :D

nj and ny have enough pollution they dont need one more car smogging up their traffic-filled roads

Return to “General Discussion”