Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:58 pm 
Elephant

Gym hater - I'm not sure what the rules are in Wisconsin, but in Florida publics colleges the professor has to base your grade on at least 3 tests or assignments. If the professor is nice s/he may give you 4 or more tests/assignments and drop the lowest grade or allow a retake of the lowest, but not all of them do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 am 
Manatee

I am planning on doing some mechanical engeneering courses. Stuff like finit elements method, and laplace transformations. I don't know which courses I am alowed to follow, but I saw those on their website. Also I could do some weight lifting for a credit.

Are there any courses you guys recommend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:25 am 
Manatee

Also, is a major more difficult than an elective?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:48 am 
Gorilla

Gym hater wrote:
Also, is a major more difficult than an elective?

Not quite sure what you mean....? An elective is a course that you take that is not required to earn a degree in your major; basically it's a class you take because you want to. There are a certain number of elective credits that you have to fill to get your degree, and you are required to take certain "types" of electives, but within each category you are able to choose a specific class. For instance, I have elective requirements for classes about diversity, but within that I can choose women's studies class, a chicano history class, etc.
Your major is the field in which you're getting your degree, so for you I believe you said that was engineering. You're department courses (the courses about engineering) will undoubtedly be harder than your elective credits just by nature of the degree you're seeking.
I hope this makes sense? I'm sure once you get enrolled you'll get the lingo down - sorry if I'm confusing you! :D
Oh - and as far as recommending courses - for ME, so far the most interesting classs I've had have been microbiology, exercise science, poetry, sociology, and all political science courses. (and of course anything related to my major, nutrition. Exercise science is my minor)
I'm so excited for you to have this opportunity! I know it's going to be a great experience for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:41 pm 
Manatee

Thank for the info, it's clearer now. The major thing does not apply to me, I can just choose any course I want. So I guess I'll just do some elevtives, since they are easier :)
I still have some stuff to figure, out. I don't know my GPA becouse all those GPA calculators on the internet us a letter grading system. In the Netherlands they just give out grades from 1 to 10(1 being the lowest). But I'll keep on searching.