Explanation Frustration

Richard

It makes me upset that veganism is considered to be the 'weird' way to live. People generally don't understand it, and ask questions / are hostile. But it seems so logical to me that eating meat is crazy. It's kind of like those films where you see someone who everyone else treats as being paranoid, but really they're the only one who knows the truth. Not as extreme as that, but the same kind of notion. It's so frustrating being surrounded by people who are like 'He's just a weirdo who does weird things' and dismiss the whole thing, or act as if I am lying, or that I don't know what I'm talking about. I have all the logic and evidence to support what I am saying. I feel like I live in a really strange and horrible world, like I don't belong here. I can't believe people go along with what they're told without thinking about it. I kind of think about how stuff is and it baffles me how directionless people are it's like they're empty

Most people are affraid of being wrong, that is probably why they don't think about what they are doing. What really pisses me of is those damn animal-testing activists who say it is wrong to test cosmetics on animals but they still eat meat:S And also those people that bother me on the street, asking me if I wan't to donate to the WWF, and animal protection and stuff like that. I really get mad if I ask them if they eat meat and they awnser: "yes, why?". They just think they are doing the right thing, but in the end they do more bad than good.

So, I guess I know what you mean.

Well I think if someone is collecting for WWF or if they are protesting animal testing, then those are good things. But I understand the hypocrisy. I have talked to many people like you're describing, and they often become very hostile when I compare their eating habits to the thing they are protesting against / compaigning for. They tell me that eating meat is just whatever, a 'personal choice' (excuse me while I vomit at that phrase)..