CALENDAR PROJECT

Daywalker

Hi there, fellow vegans!

I’ve had this idea in my mind for quite some time now. I want to make a calendar with pictures of fit vegan people, not necessarily bodybuilders, just vegans who look fit, healthy, overall: appealing

I know a vegan who is a compositor, he already agreed that he could print it (not for free though). I want to keep it cheap, only a small profit that’d go 50% to veganbodybuilding.com and 50% to AR-groups.

So, if you want to be part of it, please send me an email with some cool pictures of you at:

[email protected]

The pictures might be funny, erotic, athletic or anything you like, according to your taste and shape. Photograph yourself with vegetables, or barbells, in nature or the gym, it’s all up to you. Be creative!

I’d appreciate it if you’d make the pictures exclusively for the calendar, not just take an old photo and send it to me (unless you have a truly great picture ). Also, please don’t publish the pics somewhere else.

The deadline is the first of october, i must have all pics until then.

I can give you no guarantee that your picture(s) will be in the calendar if you send it to me. It will be a calendar with one picture for every month, thus 12 pics in total.

If you know a fit vegan you think should be in, give him/her the link to this thread.

It's essential that the pictures are in the highest resolution possible!!

That means, don't downsize them for sending!

Please do NOT use the .jpeg format, instead use the .tif or .tiff!

If you want to compress it, use lzw!!

If you have a real photo there and would have to scan it, you can send it to me and we scan it here with the professional equipment. Ask for my adress in an email.

I’m sure together we can make this a great piece of artwork that will promote veganism. The ideal christmas gift for every vegan!

If you have other ideas or input, please tell me.

Let’s make this thing cool – no, better: AWESOME!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

Edited by Daywalker

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Erotic

Pfff, big K, was that the wrong word? Sexy? Sensual??

If you don't think you can take an erotic picture of yourself, then make a funny one

O my bad, when I heard Erotic I was thinkin' somethin else. But still, it's pretty hard for me to imagine someone on this board doing a sexy one, since everyone is soo cool.

Cool Daywalker,

I'll get some SPECIAL ONES taken for this calendar. I love doing photo shoots, and I'm naturally funny (in person) so I'm sure I'll come up with something COOL

Trust me, you don't want me to do erotic photos, because each thing I do, I put nearly 100% effort into, and if I put all my energy into Erotic Vegan Bodybuilding photos, you'd see more of me than you ever wanted!

But I'll get some cool ones, appropriate for the whole family.

Here is a sample to get some ideas flowing. This is one of our contest winners featured on the main site. He sent some creative photos:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/paul/Paul3.jpg

I'll get some photos to you soon, buddy

-Robert

Cool that you're in!

Trust me, you don't want me to do erotic photos, because each thing I do, I put nearly 100% effort into, and if I put all my energy into Erotic Vegan Bodybuilding photos, you'd see more of me than you ever wanted!

I think i really took the wrong word....

But i didn't want to limit you in your creativity and give you the idea that anything cool (and awesome) is possible (well, basically).

But I'll get some cool ones, appropriate for the whole family.

Hehe

That's cool!

We don't want your grandma and your little cousins to find something shocking under the christmas tree, do we?

I've actually been looking to replicate some Bettie Page poses with a professional photographer but it'll be awhile...I'll have to think of something else creative....

I think that sounds like a good idea (if i knew exactly who Bettie Page was...)

I'm glad that you people are into the idea. Keep the ideas coming, we've just entered the brainstorming phase

What's up my vegan brother.....

I was just joking about the erotic photos......maybe not the "best" word to describe them, but I know what you mean....some "sexy type looks" I'm pretty good at those......at least that's what my friends say.

Anyway, yeah dude, I'm in!

I'll get some done just for this project and get them to you soon.

It's getting late for me, and I'm sure you're just waking up

Take care bro,

-Robert

Cool stuff, gym hater! What martial art you do?

I do Kung Fu. I am not an expert or anything, but I thought my avatar picture looked nice. It was taken more than 2 years ago, when I didn't do any weight lifting and still drank milk and ate eggs. I will try to make a new one after I get a bit more limber, and maybe you can use it. It is a good thing to promote veganism, although I still find out about products I eat that aren't vegan(which I thought, like some breads). So technicaly I am still not a vegan, but eliminating more foods everyday.

Maybe it is best to use pictures from long time 100% vegans. But if you have only 11 pictures, or you are really impressed by my flying kick picture I will send you a 3.3 megapixel version of either this one, or a new one.

Hey

That's cool

I did Kung Fu, too, but stopped it after an injury. I want to use only pics of vegans, but of what you say, i'd call you one. To me, a person who doesn't eat anything from animals knowingly is a vegan. When you didn't know what's in the bread, youo can't be blamed. When i became vegan, these mistakes happened, too. But after a while, the get more and more rare.

I've already got some pics

So, see you friends,

D.

hey alex - i shall take a photo in the next couple of days for you. i like the pose of my back whilst doing an upright row. my back usually looks pretty thick then. nice to have a picture of me actually doing something instead of just posing!

ill get it sent to you before the end of the week!

jonathan

Rob, just think Purple Speedo! Believe me brother, we have already seen more of you than we ever wanted!

Hey friends

I hope you're all brainstorming, planning and imagining your cool photos

I really count on you!

I have to set a deadline. Please send me your picture until OCTOBER THE FIRST - 10/01 2005!

That gives me enough time to make the calendar, get it printed, and of course, sell it before the new year!

So, send me all your cool photos! Please only pictures that you'd like to have at your wall!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

how about an erotic photo of me peeling a banana with my sword. That's hawt.

Actually ...

I think it's a great idea!

I'd love to have a picture of you in your Ninja gear! And if you're mistreating a poor banana with your katana... well, i'm an animal rights activist, not a vegetable rights activist....

Another thing that came to me while cracking my head about this project:

Of course you don't need to make pictures with only one person on it! I can well imagine a pic with several fit vegans having fun

And what i said about taking a pic exclusively for the calendar, of course, if you have one that is very cool but impossible to make a new one, say, like cliff diving in your last holiday or something, i think i'll accept this

Have a great weekend,

D.

Hey there,

there are news

I just talked to the compositor and he said it's essential that the pictures are in the highest resolution possible!!

That means, don't downsize them for sending!

Please do NOT use the .jpeg format, instead use the .tif or .tiff!

If you want to compress it, use lzw!!

If you have a real photo there and would have to scan it, you can send it to me and we scan it here with the professional equipment. Ask for my adress in an email.

I hope you are busy making cool photos

love and peace,

Daywalker

Make a photo with the max resolution your camera can do.

As the aspect ratio - i have no clue what that is

The calendar will be 297mm by 420mm, the longer side upright and the shorter horizontal. But under the photo has to be the days/weeks table.

Also, i'm stupid, please send me the pics in a normal size first. When we've decided which is to be in the calendar, THEN i need the high resolution big size pictures!

Love and peace,

Daywalker