Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Andre 3000 from Outkast
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:32 am 
Site Admin

I just heard that Andre 3000 from Outkast is Vegan. There are tons and tons of famous people who are vegans, and of course millions of non-famous people who are vegans too.

When you find out about vegan celebrities please let me know, maybe I'll meet up with them sometime during my travels.

Have a great day everyone.

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:40 pm 
I heard that peta has a list of vegan and vegeterian famous people.

Post subject: Famous vegans
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:19 pm 
I heard that Brittany Murphy goes beyong vegan. She doesn't eat any thing that has ever been alive. No plants, nothing. I heard that if she even thinks about animals after a meal she makes herself throw it up. She's truely an inspiration to us all, particularly impressionable young girls, Her morals are so high that she practically never eats at all.

(The Message above is obviously for humor only and not inteaded to offend anyone, well except for Brittany Murphy... )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:43 am 
Site Admin

We also have a list of famous vegans on www.veganbodybuilding.com

There are tons of well known vegans and vegetarians. Soon you can add my name to the list. I'm already Vegan of course, but soon I might we well known enough to get on those lists :P

Co, you crazy dogg.

Hit me up on the battle like runnin from cattle

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:18 am 
Rabbit

I like the site
http://www.famousveggie.com
It has tons and tons of famous veggies listed. My favorite is Alicia Silverstone. She really does a lot to spread the word I think :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:32 pm 
Elephant

Thanks for the links folks, good to see they are making an impact.

Post subject: Famous vegans
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:01 pm 
Elephant

If you are interested I would look up some of those people on different sites. for example the PETA website had Henry Rollins nominated forl sexy vegan of the year or something to that effect. I emailed him and he was really suprised since he eats chicken, fish, etc. Some of the people I have found to be vegan is the New singer of Sepultura (Derek Greene), Davey Havok of AFI, and I have read the drummer for Fear Factory is a vegan. Derek I am sure of since a bio said he eats lots of Boca burgers. Anyhow i hope your searches are productive.

Post subject: Re: Famous vegans
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:49 pm 
Stegosaurus

CollegeB wrote:
If you are interested I would look up some of those people on different sites. for example the PETA website had Henry Rollins nominated forl sexy vegan of the year or something to that effect. I emailed him and he was really suprised since he eats chicken, fish, etc. Some of the people I have found to be vegan is the New singer of Sepultura (Derek Greene), Davey Havok of AFI, and I have read the drummer for Fear Factory is a vegan. Derek I am sure of since a bio said he eats lots of Boca burgers. Anyhow i hope your searches are productive.

Prince is vegan (which is great cause I am a huge prince fan).

Kim basinger is at least vegetarian, as is Alec Baldwin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:56 pm 
Manatee

Unfortunately, Prince is also a nut. ;)

I prefer to name people who've actually effected change, such as Dr. Albert Schweitzer, Mohandas Gandhi, Pythagoras, Albert Einstein, Leo Tolstoy. I'm not sure if all, if any, were vegan but they were all vegetarians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:36 pm 
Stegosaurus

HHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

What do you mean Prince is a nut? I demand an explanation! :( :wink:

Albert Schweitzer, from what I know about him, was indeed an aawesome and kind man and was a peace prize laureate. he used to take the time to scoop worms off the hot pavement and place them gently on the cool grass where they needed to be to survive.

That is why I was shocked to read that he was a vegetarian only for a very brief time before he died, and was never a perfec vegetarian (i.e. he still occasionally ate animal flesh). Although, one biographer writes that Schweitzer had expressed great regret to the biographer that he hadn't been a vegetarian.

Kind of a sad story. Hard to beleive, in view of all he wrote and did for animals, and people (he was a great humantiarian and very kind man), he still occasionally consumed animals shortly before he died.

But nevertheless, he was still an inspritional man. perhaps he had his reasons for not going 100% vegetarian. It is hard to cast any judgment on a man that did so much for so many people and animals, even if he wasn't a perfect or consistent vegetarian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:07 am 
Manatee

compassionategirl wrote:
HHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

What do you mean Prince is a nut? I demand an explanation! :( :wink:

Have you ever read any of his interviews?! :) The man's a talented musician but, like many artists, he marches to the beat of an very different drummer.

My understanding of Dr. Scweitzer was that he'd been vegetarian most of his adult life, but did reluctantly start eating flesh towards the end for health reasons. However, I've never actually read a biography of him (even though I have one), so I could be entirely mistaken.

And, you're right: he was a great man, nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:18 am 
Manatee

Here's an interesting list (I like Wikipedia even more than Google :D ): Vegetarians. There's quite a few notable there than I was unaware of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:21 am 
Stegosaurus

I haven't read a full biography on him either, so my info could be wrong (i hope it is). It is just stuff that I read on the net about him. If I find the link, I will post it for you.

:D

P.S. Prince's recklusive and eccentric nature are sexy in my eyes. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:24 am 
Manatee

compassionategirl wrote:
P.S. Prince's recklusive and eccentric nature are sexy in my eyes. :wink:

LOL I'm reclusive but not rich enough to be eccentric, so I'm merely weird. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

I got an e-mail from Prince's neighbor a few months ago. I didn't know he lived next to Prince at the time and he was writing me about veganism. Then I mentioned this guy to some of my vegan friends and they were like, "did he mention he is neighbors with Prince?"

So anyway, Prince's neighbor is a Raw Vegan :D

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1