Beach, Pizza and Ice Cream

michaelhobson

What a lovely Sunday with Josie. We spent the afternoon body surfing and sunning ourselves at Virginia Beach. Waves were 4-5 feet tall with white caps and even a few curls. My body board would barely float with my big ass on it, but that's a different story.

After our day at the beach we headed to Norfolk for pizza and ice cream. Both exceeded our expectations. The pizza was from a place called Bella Pizzaria, not a vegan shop at all but they now offer the option of Follow Your Heart brand soy cheese. While we were there about half the customers who came in were there for the soy cheese pizza! Awesome!

Then we strolled down the street to KB's Custard for some soy soft serve. Again this wasn't a vegan place, but about half the people that came in while we were there were ordering soy. We both opted for the vanilla with brownie dough mixed in, I had chocolate syrup on top and Josie had peanut butter sauce. This was the best soy ice cream I have ever had.

The only down side of the day was driving past PeTA headquarters on the way home. We marveled at their new waterfront high rise with two yachts parked out back. Way to spend contributors money PeTA!

You wouldn't by any chance know any vegan friendly places in Williamsburg would you? We are taking a labour day vacation up - taking a little time off from work and school this week. And celebrating my birthday. So anyway suggestions for places to eat?

Renee

Williamsburg is frustrating, the only place I have found there to eat is Nawab Indian Cuisine. They have a lot of vegan choices that are clearly marked vegan on the menu, I really appreciate that there is no guesswork involved here.

http://www.nawabonline.com

If you get a chance, the 30-45 minute drive to Norfolk is worth it for the pizza and ice cream.

I love bodyboarding.

soy icecream sounds delicious. and soy does soycheese pizza. I really dont like soycheese at all, but having vegan pizza every now and then is an awesome treat.

somewhere near PennState Uni, is a pizzeria that serves vegan options. the best vegan pizza ive ever had. the owner's daughter is vegan. its rad