this is FUCKED up

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

this is FUCKED up

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:36 pm

so you know how we need an ALTERNATE source of energy to replace fuel...since the prices are up? well guess what stupid AMERICA is doing?

yeh we are now using CHICKEN FAT and TURKEY PARTS to fuel our engines. no lie its all over the fucking news.

excuse me for cursing but I am extremely pissed.

what the fuck? have we the mentality of ogres?

Richard
Site Admin

#2 Postby Richard » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:39 pm

Ehhhhhhhhh, that's fucked up yea. I wouldn't buy it

veganmadre
Elephant

#3 Postby veganmadre » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:39 pm

Nah, I think Shrek was actually smarter than us! :wink:

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#4 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:43 pm

shrek IS smarter than us.

an entire school has now switched their buses over to running on chicken fat.

think about it, america murders animals for clothes and food, now theyre gonna murder MORE animals for fuel.

michaelhobson
Elephant

#5 Postby michaelhobson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 pm

Unlike standard processes, CTI can use a combination of vegetable oils such as soybean, corn, and canola, as well as used cooking oil and animal fats, in a high-yield process.

This quote is from an article I posted in the Biodiesel thread a while back. I was not happy to see that even biodiesel is being corrupted!!! :twisted:

This plant is opening end of 2005 in Pennsylvania and planning to produce 10 million gallons per year. I wonder how much of it will be dead animals! :(

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#6 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:58 pm

mehh probably all of it will be dead animals.

CollegeB
Elephant

#7 Postby CollegeB » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:23 pm

I dont think they would kill animals just to have their fat for fuel. Its pretty gross to be running on animal fat but gasoline and coal probably has some dead animal in it too.

chesty leroux
Elephant

#8 Postby chesty leroux » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Of all the friendly alternative fuels, they have to come up with an evil one... :evil:
If I can't dance, I don't want any part of your revolution - Emma Goldman

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

veganmadre
Elephant

#9 Postby veganmadre » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:48 pm

It's quite simple, really, since the meat industry already has a huge lobbying pull on our government. The exploitation of animals and now the environment is secondary to corporate america's success and it's ability to fund candidates in their campaigns. If you can break that circle of "Favor", you have a chance of making reform...otherwise, it's going to be a rough road until we exhaust every cash-flow opportunity. :twisted:

( I didn't articulate this as eloquently as I would have liked to, but, i believe you get the point)

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#10 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:55 pm

CollegeB wrote:I dont think they would kill animals just to have their fat for fuel. Its pretty gross to be running on animal fat but gasoline and coal probably has some dead animal in it too.

just like ppl dont kill just for the fur, or tusks.... come on now. ppl will have an excuse to justify animal murders anyway they can, and now "fuel" will be another to add to the list

and yes, i understand fossil fuel has dead animals in it. which is why I no longer drive my car or purchase gasoline.

Richard
Site Admin

#11 Postby Richard » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:07 pm

fossil fuel has dead animals in it, in the same way that mud / dirt has dead animals in it. I don't think it's exploitation in the same way. If someone kills an animal for meat, then uses the skin for leather, and the fat for fuel, I wouldn't want any of it. But if an animal died of natural causes, and has rotten, and is just debris, I don't see the problem, from the animals point of view that is. I understand the environmental problems associated with fuels.

EDIT: Or is there other stuff in fuels that I don't know about! I would like to hear more

Daywalker
Elephant

#12 Postby Daywalker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:39 am

chesty leroux wrote:Of all the friendly alternative fuels, they have to come up with an evil one... :evil:

:!: :!: :!:

:cry:

P.S.: veganmadre, what happened to your avatar??
No one said it would be easy.

kollision
Elephant

#13 Postby kollision » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:28 am

Richard wrote:fossil fuel has dead animals in it, in the same way that mud / dirt has dead animals in it. I don't think it's exploitation in the same way. If someone kills an animal for meat, then uses the skin for leather, and the fat for fuel, I wouldn't want any of it. But if an animal died of natural causes, and has rotten, and is just debris, I don't see the problem, from the animals point of view that is. I understand the environmental problems associated with fuels.

EDIT: Or is there other stuff in fuels that I don't know about! I would like to hear more

Fossil fuels isn't really fossil fuels, its from diatomes. Its a plant. Dunno if all oil is like that, but I was shocked when I heard it since I grew up with the notion that we were running on "dino fuel".

kollision
Elephant

Re: this is FUCKED up

#14 Postby kollision » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:28 am

V VII Hero wrote:so you know how we need an ALTERNATE source of energy to replace fuel...since the prices are up? well guess what stupid AMERICA is doing?

yeh we are now using CHICKEN FAT and TURKEY PARTS to fuel our engines. no lie its all over the fucking news.

excuse me for cursing but I am extremely pissed.

Then we have to boycott this too as well?

Richard
Site Admin

#15 Postby Richard » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:26 am

I heard that oil was made from (small) sea creatures which died millions of years ago. I dunno which creatures its meant to be made of. Maybe that source of information is unreliable, I can't remember where I hoiyde it

Return to “General Discussion”