this is FUCKED up

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

this is FUCKED up

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:36 pm

so you know how we need an ALTERNATE source of energy to replace fuel...since the prices are up? well guess what stupid AMERICA is doing?

yeh we are now using CHICKEN FAT and TURKEY PARTS to fuel our engines. no lie its all over the fucking news.

excuse me for cursing but I am extremely pissed.

what the fuck? have we the mentality of ogres?

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#2 Postby Richard » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:39 pm

Ehhhhhhhhh, that's fucked up yea. I wouldn't buy it

User avatar
veganmadre
Elephant
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

#3 Postby veganmadre » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:39 pm

what the fuck? have we the mentality of ogres?


Nah, I think Shrek was actually smarter than us! :wink:

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#4 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:43 pm

shrek IS smarter than us.

an entire school has now switched their buses over to running on chicken fat.

think about it, america murders animals for clothes and food, now theyre gonna murder MORE animals for fuel.

User avatar
michaelhobson
Elephant
Posts: 2292
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

#5 Postby michaelhobson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 pm

Unlike standard processes, CTI can use a combination of vegetable oils such as soybean, corn, and canola, as well as used cooking oil and animal fats, in a high-yield process.


This quote is from an article I posted in the Biodiesel thread a while back. I was not happy to see that even biodiesel is being corrupted!!! :twisted:

This plant is opening end of 2005 in Pennsylvania and planning to produce 10 million gallons per year. I wonder how much of it will be dead animals! :(

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#6 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:58 pm

mehh probably all of it will be dead animals.

CollegeB
Elephant
Posts: 2783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#7 Postby CollegeB » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:23 pm

I dont think they would kill animals just to have their fat for fuel. Its pretty gross to be running on animal fat but gasoline and coal probably has some dead animal in it too.

User avatar
chesty leroux
Elephant
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Norfolk, VA

#8 Postby chesty leroux » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Of all the friendly alternative fuels, they have to come up with an evil one... :evil:
If I can't dance, I don't want any part of your revolution - Emma Goldman

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

User avatar
veganmadre
Elephant
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

#9 Postby veganmadre » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:48 pm

It's quite simple, really, since the meat industry already has a huge lobbying pull on our government. The exploitation of animals and now the environment is secondary to corporate america's success and it's ability to fund candidates in their campaigns. If you can break that circle of "Favor", you have a chance of making reform...otherwise, it's going to be a rough road until we exhaust every cash-flow opportunity. :twisted:

( I didn't articulate this as eloquently as I would have liked to, but, i believe you get the point)

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#10 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:55 pm

CollegeB wrote:I dont think they would kill animals just to have their fat for fuel. Its pretty gross to be running on animal fat but gasoline and coal probably has some dead animal in it too.



just like ppl dont kill just for the fur, or tusks.... come on now. ppl will have an excuse to justify animal murders anyway they can, and now "fuel" will be another to add to the list

and yes, i understand fossil fuel has dead animals in it. which is why I no longer drive my car or purchase gasoline.

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#11 Postby Richard » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:07 pm

fossil fuel has dead animals in it, in the same way that mud / dirt has dead animals in it. I don't think it's exploitation in the same way. If someone kills an animal for meat, then uses the skin for leather, and the fat for fuel, I wouldn't want any of it. But if an animal died of natural causes, and has rotten, and is just debris, I don't see the problem, from the animals point of view that is. I understand the environmental problems associated with fuels.

EDIT: Or is there other stuff in fuels that I don't know about! I would like to hear more

User avatar
Daywalker
Elephant
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: Vegan Strength Cult, German HQ
Contact:

#12 Postby Daywalker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:39 am

chesty leroux wrote:Of all the friendly alternative fuels, they have to come up with an evil one... :evil:

:!: :!: :!:

:cry:


P.S.: veganmadre, what happened to your avatar??
No one said it would be easy.

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#13 Postby kollision » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:28 am

Richard wrote:fossil fuel has dead animals in it, in the same way that mud / dirt has dead animals in it. I don't think it's exploitation in the same way. If someone kills an animal for meat, then uses the skin for leather, and the fat for fuel, I wouldn't want any of it. But if an animal died of natural causes, and has rotten, and is just debris, I don't see the problem, from the animals point of view that is. I understand the environmental problems associated with fuels.

EDIT: Or is there other stuff in fuels that I don't know about! I would like to hear more


Fossil fuels isn't really fossil fuels, its from diatomes. Its a plant. Dunno if all oil is like that, but I was shocked when I heard it since I grew up with the notion that we were running on "dino fuel".

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Re: this is FUCKED up

#14 Postby kollision » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:28 am

V VII Hero wrote:so you know how we need an ALTERNATE source of energy to replace fuel...since the prices are up? well guess what stupid AMERICA is doing?

yeh we are now using CHICKEN FAT and TURKEY PARTS to fuel our engines. no lie its all over the fucking news.

excuse me for cursing but I am extremely pissed.

what the fuck? have we the mentality of ogres?


Then we have to boycott this too as well?

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#15 Postby Richard » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:26 am

I heard that oil was made from (small) sea creatures which died millions of years ago. I dunno which creatures its meant to be made of. Maybe that source of information is unreliable, I can't remember where I hoiyde it


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests