Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Do NOT send $$ to help the animals in New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:55 pm 
Stegosaurus

Please, please, help - the NON human animals are also affected by this tragedy and are at an even greater disadvantage.

Urgent: Tell Your Federal Representatives to Demand Animals’ Safe Evacuation From New Orleans!

Your immediate attention and response is requested. No animal rescue groups have been allowed into New Orleans to help animals, who have been left stranded on their own. Sending money is not solving the animals’ problem, which is worsening by the hour.

Meanwhile, federal authorities are forcing everyone—including elderly residents who have stayed in water-logged residences for five days just to safeguard their beloved animals—to leave their animals behind to starve. In some cases, people are told that they must choose between bringing vital medicine and bringing their dog when they are evacuated. This is illegal and it must stop.

PETA has issued a media advisory stating that we will prosecute any known violators, but that is not stopping federal evacuators from insisting that animals be left to die. Today, Rue McClanahan wrote to President George W. Bush, calling on him to order officials to allow people to evacuate with their animals.

Please, immediately call your member of Congress today to ask that people be allowed to evacuate with their animals. Leave messages for them in Washington and at their home offices and get everyone you know to call. The names of—and contact information for—your representative and senators can be found online. Please forward this alert to others willing to lend their voices to help with this emergency.

Thank you for your compassion for animals and for your willingness to act today.

Post subject: Re: Do NOT send $$ to help the animals in New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:25 pm 
Elephant

compassionategirl wrote:
Please, please, help - the NON human animals are also affected by this tragedy and are at an even greater disadvantage.

Urgent: Tell Your Federal Representatives to Demand Animals’ Safe Evacuation From New Orleans!

Your immediate attention and response is requested. No animal rescue groups have been allowed into New Orleans to help animals, who have been left stranded on their own. Sending money is not solving the animals’ problem, which is worsening by the hour.

Meanwhile, federal authorities are forcing everyone—including elderly residents who have stayed in water-logged residences for five days just to safeguard their beloved animals—to leave their animals behind to starve. In some cases, people are told that they must choose between bringing vital medicine and bringing their dog when they are evacuated. This is illegal and it must stop.

PETA has issued a media advisory stating that we will prosecute any known violators, but that is not stopping federal evacuators from insisting that animals be left to die. Today, Rue McClanahan wrote to President George W. Bush, calling on him to order officials to allow people to evacuate with their animals.

Please, immediately call your member of Congress today to ask that people be allowed to evacuate with their animals. Leave messages for them in Washington and at their home offices and get everyone you know to call. The names of—and contact information for—your representative and senators can be found online. Please forward this alert to others willing to lend their voices to help with this emergency.

Thank you for your compassion for animals and for your willingness to act today.

I do not understand. WHat is bad about sending money? Theres organizations like Noahs Wish that goes after to help these animals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:16 am 
Stegosaurus

Becasue money isnt helping in the case of New orleans because the rescue organizations like Noah's Wish are not being allowed into New Orleans. So instead, call your fed congress people at their office numbers, emails etc. and bombard them with polite demands demanding that they allow people to leave WITH their pets. This will help the animals in New Orleans more than sending $$ to organizations that arent even allowed in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:27 am 
Manatee

They're being allowed in now.

Link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:26 am 
Elephant

Sknydpr wrote:
They're being allowed in now.

Link

Exactly what I was going to say.

ASCPA, and other groups have been there for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:44 am 
Stegosaurus

Glad to hear it!!!

But are you sure? According to PETA, people are not allowed to take their pets with them and are being forced to leave them behind.

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:57 am 
Elephant

compassionategirl wrote:
Glad to hear it!!!

But are you sure? According to PETA, people are not allowed to take their pets with them and are being forced to leave them behind.

That has been and still is true. People are not allowed to take their pets on the rescue boats or buses. They are being forced to leave them behind.

The only thing that has changed is that animal relief organizations are being allowed in to the city. That is a welcome change, but doesn't make up for the fact that they are forcing people to leave their animals behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:18 pm 
Elephant

michaelhobson wrote:
compassionategirl wrote:
Glad to hear it!!!

That has been and still is true. People are not allowed to take their pets on the rescue boats or buses. They are being forced to leave them behind.

The only thing that has changed is that animal relief organizations are being allowed in to the city. That is a welcome change, but doesn't make up for the fact that they are forcing people to leave their animals behind.

I heard that also in regards to the rescue boats and the buses. People are ass holes for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:49 pm 
Elephant

It seriously sucks that people were not allowed to bring their nonhuman roommates. Says alot for our society doesn't it ? :evil:

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:53 pm 
Elephant

Crash wrote:
It seriously sucks that people were not allowed to bring their nonhuman roommates. Says alot for our society doesn't it ? :evil:

Yes it does mate. I also heard of a little boy that was going into the bus with his puppy and the person that works there took the puppy away and the boy was crying. They asked the man what would happen to the puppy and he said "I don't know". What an ass, he and the rest should be stuck there instead of the people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:27 pm 
Elephant

That's horrible ! :evil: I hope that all the animals/non-humans are rescued as well as all the humans. I just don't understand how people can't understand that suffering is suffering, no matter what the species. :x

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:45 pm 
Elephant

Crash wrote:
That's horrible ! :evil: I hope that all the animals/non-humans are rescued as well as all the humans. I just don't understand how people can't understand that suffering is suffering, no matter what the species. :x

Exactly. I hate this, "only we matter". Superior people suck, and they should suffer and feel what they go through. Grr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:47 pm 
Stegosaurus

michaelhobson wrote:
compassionategirl wrote:
Glad to hear it!!!

I totally agree Michael.

And I totally feel your frustration, Crash and Kollision, that "superior" idiots just dont get that suffering is suffering, no matter what the species.

All those poor animals that are abandoned and left behind to starve to death - and I also feel for their "guardians" because I am sure that these people are just as heartbroken for being FORCED to leave their animal friends behind. Imagine having an animal for ten yers, and having to leabe him behind. Even if he survives and hopefully gets picke dup by an animal rescue group that has FINALLY beel allowed in to the city, what are the chances that animals and their humans will be reunited? The heartache and sadness that is involved with every angle of this tragedy truly takes my breath away.

I seriously dont know what I would do if I was forced to leave my cats behind. I dont think I could do it. betray them that way. I couldnt leave them behind anymore than I could leave my children behind.

COuld you imagine having to leave Max behind to suffer and die Crash :shock: :cry: :shock: :cry: .

It is abolsutely despicable that animal guardians are being FORCED into abandoning non human members of their families. These animals are voiceless, vulnerable defenseless terrified and do NOT understand why their protectors are leaving without them. They must be very scared and confused and my heart is breaking for them and I feel so DAMN helpless. :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:28 am 
Gorilla

if I wasnt deathly afraid of water, I would totally go down there and help pull animals out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:55 am 
Elephant

compassionategirl wrote:
COuld you imagine having to leave Max behind to suffer and die Crash :shock: :cry: :shock: :cry: .

No I could not, nor would I leave him any more than I would leave my nephew or mother or father. Max and I would swim out together (and be decontaminated together :? )
compassionategirl wrote:
It is abolsutely despicable that animal guardians are being FORCED into abandoning non human members of their families. These animals are voiceless, vulnerable defenseless terrified and do NOT understand why their protectors are leaving without them. They must be very scared and confused and my heart is breaking for them and I feel so DAMN helpless. :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:

I feel an overwhelming sense of loss and shame when I think about how "rescue workers" are forcing people and animals who have already lost everything to lose each other. However, this is not going to help those poor animal victims. Unless you or I can go to those ravaged states and take those animals to safety, we can't dwell on things we can't change or go insane.

I wish there was some way I could get to those states and help them. :(