2 yrs!

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

2 yrs!

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:09 pm

I am official past the 2 yr mark for being vegan!! :)
I have never felt better. I am so proud of my decision and to stick with it.
:D

brendan
Rabbit

#2 Postby brendan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:14 pm

Woot! Congratulations. What made you become vegan? I always find it interesting to hear how other people got into it.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#3 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:22 pm

I was sick for 9 months. and told I would die unless I eat healthier. I was also vegetarian on and off just cause I knew animal murder was wrong.
and while I was sick, animal products made me even sicker. Meat made me throwup and have diharrea, so did pizza, eggs, and anything else my mom tried to feed me.
after I got over mono,
I went to Hellfest and drove a bunch of ppl I barely knew, and became good friends along the way. One guy, Chris X, inspired me to try veganism for moral and health reasons. So I started eliminating animal products one by one from diet (there werent that many to cut out. I always despised milk and other dairy.) Everyone from relatives and friends found out I was vegan and said thats why I am so sick, skinny, and pale. when in fact it was cause I almost died from mononucleosis.
so I Wanted to prove to them and myself that with my new compassionate lifestyle that I could be healthy and strong. thus my quest to start bodybuilding and to remain vegan. my biggest problem was breaking bones from my high-adrenaline activities, so I had to cut back in order to remain injury free and build muscle.

so yepp thats pretty much the story. 8)

veganmadre
Elephant

#4 Postby veganmadre » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:55 pm

and while I was sick, animal products made me even sicker. Meat made me throwup and have diharrea, so did pizza, eggs, and anything else my mom tried to feed me.

Here...have some vegan pizza, instead! :lol: Don't ask why I have a picture of the vegan pizza I made last week on my computer! Boredom pretty much answers that.

Making Prudish Americans Uncomfortable - one photo at a time.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#5 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:04 pm

hehe awesome! yeh i really only liked pizza cause i had pineapples on it. and then once i got rid of pizza, i realized it was the pineapples i liked all along. lol

veganmadre
Elephant

#6 Postby veganmadre » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:20 pm

:lol: ah, if only i could say i loved pizza for the fruit and/or veggies! man!

Daywalker
Elephant

#7 Postby Daywalker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 am

veganmadre wrote:I have a picture of the vegan pizza I made last week on my computer!

:shock:
You made vegan pizza on your computer!?

The cheese looks so - cheesy! How did you do that?
No one said it would be easy.

veganmadre
Elephant

#8 Postby veganmadre » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:02 pm

Daywalker wrote:
veganmadre wrote:I have a picture of the vegan pizza I made last week on my computer!

:shock:
You made vegan pizza on your computer!?

The cheese looks so - cheesy! How did you do that?

Ha ha! I made vegan pizza in my oven! I took a digital pizza picture! :P

As far as the cheesy-ness - I guess it's just so cheesy because my humor rubbed off on it! LOL....ok, that was bad. I use "Follow Your Heart" brand vegan cheese....if you place it under the broiler after everything is cooked, in about a minute, all the cheese is fantastically melted.

OK, so maybe you didn't want to know that much! :wink:

jonathan
Elephant

#9 Postby jonathan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:08 pm

nice work topher! i think that you went vegan 2days before me - it will be 2years of veganism for me tomorrow :D

jonathan
Squat
Press
Eat
Repeat

veganmadre
Elephant

#10 Postby veganmadre » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:12 pm

Well, Happy Vegan "Re"Birthday to the both of you! :D :D :D

kollision
Elephant

#11 Postby kollision » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:17 pm

Congrats to you both!

michaelhobson
Elephant

#12 Postby michaelhobson » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:25 pm

veganmadre wrote: I use "Follow Your Heart" brand vegan cheese....if you place it under the broiler after everything is cooked, in about a minute, all the cheese is fantastically melted.

:shock: Perfect!

I have been trying for months to figure out how to melt that stuff! I was starting to think I might need a blow torch! Okay, next pizza is going under the broiler! 8)

Crash
Elephant

#13 Postby Crash » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:44 pm

Happy Veganniversary !
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#14 Postby compassionategirl » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:11 pm

michaelhobson wrote:
veganmadre wrote: I use "Follow Your Heart" brand vegan cheese....if you place it under the broiler after everything is cooked, in about a minute, all the cheese is fantastically melted.

I have been trying for months to figure out how to melt that stuff! I was starting to think I might need a blow torch! 8)

:lol: :lol:

veganmadre
Elephant

#15 Postby veganmadre » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:19 pm

michaelhobson wrote:

I have been trying for months to figure out how to melt that stuff! I was starting to think I might need a blow torch! Okay, next pizza is going under the broiler! 8)

Just be sure you bake the pizza with the cheese in the oven first - say 5 - 10 minutes....this warms the cheese and makes it melt easier, otherwise, you'll get pretty dark crusts by the time the broiler melts the cheese! Good luck and Good Eating!

Return to “General Discussion”