Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:55 am 
Manatee

veganmadre wrote:
I am damn afraid of piercing pain! Really! I thought it'd be cool to have my tongue pierced a while ago but was afraid of the pain

I'm also afraid of needles, don't consider pain to be an aphrodisiac, and I have 17 body piercings (not counting my lobes). :D

A centered tongue piercing is actually one of the least painful you can get, since it's mostly going through cartilage and not muscle. Even the two I have in my tongue, which do go through the muscle, were more of a pressure sensation than painful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:39 am 
Gorilla

Oh yeah, getting the tongue pierced doesn't hurt at all. The weirdest part of it is just having your tongue stuck out and clamped on to without being able to pull it back into your mouth. Same with navel, it's a piece of cake. The one that actually hurt was my rook....OWWWWWW.
I think piercings are easier to stand painwise than tattoos though, cuz they're over so quickly. My tattoo is relatively small but it seemed like it took forever! Some parts were just kind of annoying, but down towards the bottom of it, where it gets onto my heel, or the back along my achilles tendon, that did NOT feel good.
But I still loved it, and love the result :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:10 am 
Manatee

veggymeggy wrote:
Same with navel, it's a piece of cake.

Actually, my navel did hurt, and I think the general consensus is that they do. It's not the worst I've gotten, but I definitely felt it. It bled more than I expected, too. The worst thing about navel piercings, though, is that they take forever to heal; mine took about 13 months. I don't recommend them unless you really, really want one.

veggymeggy wrote:
I think piercings are easier to stand painwise than tattoos though, cuz they're over so quickly. My tattoo is relatively small but it seemed like it took forever!

I think it goes both ways. Tattoos often hurt more to get (depending on the location) but, other than some itching during the healing process, they're pretty much painless afterwards. The actual piercing process is always over much faster, but the piercing itself can be very sensitive for weeks afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:41 am 
Manatee

Tattoo? Why not? Why color your hair and not your skin? I have one on my right arm.

But I would never ever pierce a part of my body. Well, I have had four earrings, which is a piercing, too, but what I mean is tongue, nipple or genitals. I don't like the look of it and it turns me off in a sexual way. But that's very personal of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:19 pm 
Gorilla

I definitely had a different experience with my navel piercing...I don't think it bled at all, and it's just fat and skin, no muscle and cartilage...I thought it was comparable to getting a flu shot. A little pinch and then done. Maybe that's just cuz my tummy is chubby and not rock hard like it should be though :)
The tattoo, I think, is a totally different sensation. I find the intensity of a piercing more tolerable than the ongoing annoyance of the tattoo feeling. But hey, that's just me :)
I considered doing my nipples for a long time, but I ultimately decided against it because I don't find the piercing itself very attractive, I just wanted to get another one because it's been awhile since my last. Guess that just goes back to what I was saying about enjoying how it feels! I'm twisted, what can I say! :P
And genital piercings? Yikes. That's going too far even for me. I can't even imagine.
I was at a strip club once though here in Portland and saw a girl with a tattoo that started on her breasts/ribs and wound down her abdomen, between her legs....and then between her butt cheeks! :shock: It was, um, interesting. I have no idea how they managed to tattoo that, must have been awkward. It was definitely well done though, very intricate. And if she was going for attention with it, she definitely succeeded!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:51 pm 
Manatee

veggymeggy wrote:
Maybe that's just cuz my tummy is chubby and not rock hard like it should be though :)

Oh, I was hardly skinny at the time I had my navel pierced. Hell, at 19 or 20% bodyfat, I'm hardly skinny now. :) Everyone has their own unique reaction, that's why I mentioned that the consensus seems to be that they're not painless. :)

veggymeggy wrote:
I considered doing my nipples for a long time, but I ultimately decided against it because I don't find the piercing itself very attractive, I just wanted to get another one because it's been awhile since my last.

Pierced nipples are very sexy but that, of course, is a matter of opinion. :) That, incidentally, is the only reason I had my navel pierced, just wanted something new and couldn't think of anything else at the time.

veggymeggy wrote:
And genital piercings? Yikes. That's going too far even for me. I can't even imagine.

Never say never. ;) I started by getting my nipples pierced, 'cause that was the only piercing I was even remotely interested in. Fifteen additional piercings later, I'm almost out of room. :D Seriously...

Some of y'all are probably thinking that I'm some sort of freak :D , but the people who know me in real life would never guess all this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:00 pm 
Gorilla

I have a serious thing for nipple piercings on guys....I just don't think it'd work out too well on me.
I know what you mean about running out of space though...I want more piercings, but I want to stay within the bounds of "normal". I scar too easily to do anything on my face, and I don't want to be too excessive on my ears, already did navel, decided against nipples, and you're right....never say never! but I really don't think I'm gonna move below the belt.
I am thinking about a new tat though, maybe on my upper/outer thigh (like below my hip bone)
Even with the handful of piercings I do have, which is not at all extreme, people are suprised when they start noticing them. I generally find people's first impression of me is very "good girl"....then they get to know me! haha! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:10 pm 
Manatee

You could always get your septum pierced. That's easy to hide with the right jewelry, virtually painless for most people, and a small ring is very cute on girls.

Then there're guys with large gauge ones:

Image :D

I wish I could get a job that would allow me to even wear my lobe jewelry, I'd like to get some more ear piercings, particularly daiths.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:31 pm 
Gorilla

i like tattoos. and i have a strange attraction to girls with tattoos and piercings. of course it all depends on the tattoo itself. i have seen some really awful tattoos, but most people put a lot of thought into what they will mark their body with, so they turn out great. some are real works of art. some have alot of symbolic or religious meaning. some have a great story behind them. some are memorials.

the irony is that i don't have any myself. not one piercing or tattoo. i just haven't got around to settling into a design. :?

anyone here watch the show Miami Ink?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:43 am 
Gorilla

LOVE Miami Ink.
I'll have to give the septum idea some thought :) I certainly wouldn't want anything large hanging from my nose, but something small and elegant? Perhaps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:05 am 
Elephant

Sknydpr wrote:
veggymeggy wrote:

Never say never. ;)

NEVER!
:lol: ;)

I enjoy looking at well made tattoos and i think both, tattoos and peiercings, can be sexy if they add to the whole character instead of making an artificial and forced impression. Some people only get theirs to become cool, which doesn't work. But if it's used as a way to express oneself, if it derives from one's character, it's cool 8)
That's why i don't have any and why i don't want some - i feel it's simply not my thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:51 pm 
Gorilla

Daywalker wrote:
I enjoy looking at well made tattoos and i think both, tattoos and peiercings, can be sexy if they add to the whole character instead of making an artificial and forced impression. Some people only get theirs to become cool, which doesn't work. But if it's used as a way to express oneself, if it derives from one's character, it's cool 8)

yeah exactly, some people try too hard to be cool, and it doesn't work. for other people, it's just so natural for them to have a tattoo, like it's an extension of themselves.

i have always had a thing for ladies with tattoos, piercings, wild colored hair (i'm looking at you chesty and veggymeggy :lol: ), not sure why. but i have always seem to be drawn towards them.

i like the show Miami Ink, because it's more of a documentary than a 'reality show'. no silly drama kings and queens, no spoiled brats, no hamming it up for the camera. just a look at some tattoo artists and their clients talking about why they do what they do. it's actually has some substance to it... which is why it will probably be cancelled. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:39 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks Ronnie Kray! :oops: :D
I sure hope they don't cancel Miami Ink, it's one of very few shows I enjoy watching!

Post subject: Re: Opinions Re: Tattoos...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:48 am 
Elephant

veganmadre wrote:
anyone else have a tattoo? anyone strongly against? reasoning for or against would be awesome...

I have a tattoo that I got when I was going through a very difficult time. I got a phoenix, because it reminds me that just like phoenixes rise up from the ashes, I always will too. I have not regretted getting it, despite my sister's comments of how odd it will look when I am 80 yrs old. (As if since it's in an unexposed area. :P )

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 am 
Gorilla

There are a couple nice things about getting tattoos today, as opposed to say, 50 years ago. For starters, the quality of the ink is much better, so the tattoo lasts longer....colors don't fade and blur as much. (Plus there are always touch ups, I know my tattoo artist will do it anytime for free).
But ALSO, and this is what I always tell my parents, tattoo removal technology has come a loooong way. It's still expensive (and last I read, green is still a problem for taking off) but I'm sure by the time I'm 80 (which is awhile from now!) or ready to get rid of a tat (if that day comes!) it'll be a simple matter of visiting a dermatologist and getting it done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next