Opinions Re: Tattoos...

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#31 Postby V VII Hero » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:05 am

these are my opinions on some piercings and are not intended to offend at all:

I love septum piercings, and stretched lobes on girls, (and the occasional lip or eyebrow). I think those threee are sooooo adorable.

I myself wanted my septum done but I have a deviated septum and broke my nose 3 times (you cant even tell, right?) but the end of my nose is sensitive, if you touch it I will have "pins and needles" feeling for a while. so anything related to piercing it would be uncomfortable. plus I dont want it to get ripped out/ or hit like my lip piercing had been done (which I no longer wear. you can see a small scar if you look close enough).

played out piercings that only work on select handful of girls if done right:
eyebrow, bottom lip (side), cartlidge, navel

piercings I can't stand:
monroe, surface, nipples, genitals, multiple lip piercings or center lip piercing

I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip but I am gonna be working in a gym and I know that wont be accepted, but I dont want to take it out and risk it closing up. anyone know about a clear retainer or something I could put in it??

also I thought about the eyebrow, but I think Id look like trash, plus I heard that over time it makes your brow droop due to the weight

I looked real cute when I had my lip done (age 18). I should post a picture sometime if I can

Sknydpr
Manatee

#32 Postby Sknydpr » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:28 am

V VII Hero wrote:I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip but I am gonna be working in a gym and I know that wont be accepted, but I dont want to take it out and risk it closing up. anyone know about a clear retainer or something I could put in it??

Yeah, Glasswear Studios makes excellent retainers. My ex-girlfriend wears one in her labret at work.

V VII Hero wrote:also I thought about the eyebrow, but I think Id look like trash, plus I heard that over time it makes your brow droop due to the weight

I've never heard that, and I spend a LOT of time discussing piercings. You'd have to get a pretty damn big barbell or ring before the weight would become a factor. Eyebrows are extremely difficult to get to heal, and often migrate out, though.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#33 Postby V VII Hero » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:48 am

thanks. :D

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#34 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:23 pm

I have my septum pierced. I generally wear a retainer, but now and then I put in a ring when the mood strikes.

I used to have 2 nostril rings and a labret piercing, but I let them go a while back for work.

I have a tattoo on my back, between my shoulder blades. I would like to get another one, but I don't yet know what it would be.

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#35 Postby veggymeggy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:30 pm

V VII Hero wrote:
I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip

I have to say, I personally find lip piercings irresistable. Actually, I can attest the same is true for many of my friends as well. There's just something about it! :)

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#36 Postby V VII Hero » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:14 am

veggymeggy wrote:
V VII Hero wrote:
I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip

I have to say, I personally find lip piercings irresistable. Actually, I can attest the same is true for many of my friends as well. There's just something about it! :)

yepp. so ive decided to do my bottom right lip again. I just gotta gather the money and find a ride. :)

Richard
Site Admin

#37 Postby Richard » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:09 am

I wouldn't get a tattoo or get anything pierced, but its irrelevent to me if other people want to get them done, it's not something to judge somebody on. I hear about parents saying 'Blah, you're not allowed to get that pierced! blah'. I think, why does it matter? People have their priorities all wrong. I might be concerned from a practical point of view as a parent if my child as going to get a tattoo across their face or forehead, because it might affect their chances in a job interview. But I wouldn't tell them they couldn't do it. It's up to them.

Crash
Elephant

#38 Postby Crash » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:27 am

What do you guys think about this piercing ?

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Richard
Site Admin

#39 Postby Richard » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:56 pm

I find it aesthetically pleasing

Crash
Elephant

#40 Postby Crash » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:14 pm

Richard wrote:I find it aesthetically pleasing

Not the body Richard, the piercing.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

Sknydpr
Manatee

#41 Postby Sknydpr » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:59 pm

Corset piercings are sexy, but only temporary.

Richard
Site Admin

#42 Postby Richard » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:44 pm

I was referring to the piercings

Crash
Elephant

#43 Postby Crash » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 pm

I was teasing you Richard. (I do that sometimes :oops: ....)

When you say it's only temporary Sknydpr, do you mean the holes close up if you take out the rings or that they close up even if you keep the rings on ?
Last edited by Crash on Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lelle
Elephant

#44 Postby lelle » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:33 pm

ouch, looks painful :shock:

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#45 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:43 pm

i dont find it attractive. I dont like corsettes or corsette piercings. I dont like surface piercings.

Return to “General Discussion”