The time has come for me to retire from the activist scene

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#16 Postby Richard » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:28 pm

That's something that lazy people can say to reassure themselves that they don't need to do anything or change. "I'm enlightened and I realise there's no reason to try and be a nice person, so it's okay for me to be an asshole'. Waste of space bums

User avatar
Sknydpr
Manatee
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:40 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

#17 Postby Sknydpr » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:44 pm

Richard wrote:That's something that lazy people can say to reassure themselves that they don't need to do anything or change. "I'm enlightened and I realise there's no reason to try and be a nice person, so it's okay for me to be an asshole'. Waste of space bums


Someone should kick their asses, then ask them is that was right or wrong, relatively speaking. ;)

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3110
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#18 Postby compassionategirl » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:59 pm

Sknydpr wrote: Someone should kick their asses, then ask them is that was right or wrong, relatively speaking. ;)

:lol: Exactly Dan. It is easy to spew theories of "moral relativity" when it is not your ass being sodomized or your body being drowned in scalding hot water or your fur being ripped off your back when you are still fully consious!!!

And that is exactly what I said to the guy. I said, "Well, then, if you are ever raped and tortured, or set on fire alive, just remember that what was done to you is all morally relative." :twisted: :evil:

Moral relativity theories make me cringe and make my hairs stand up!!!!!!!

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#19 Postby Richard » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:02 pm

Sknydpr wrote:
Richard wrote:That's something that lazy people can say to reassure themselves that they don't need to do anything or change. "I'm enlightened and I realise there's no reason to try and be a nice person, so it's okay for me to be an asshole'. Waste of space bums


Someone should kick their asses, then ask them is that was right or wrong, relatively speaking. ;)


If I say to a person who says they believe in moral relativism, 'Well how about I kill your kids', then they say 'Now you're just being stupid'. Well actually they say 'Now U're juz been sttuped'. Because they're idiots.

User avatar
Sknydpr
Manatee
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:40 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

#20 Postby Sknydpr » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:27 pm

Richard wrote:If I say to a person who says they believe in moral relativism, 'Well how about I kill your kids', then they say 'Now you're just being stupid'. Well actually they say 'Now U're juz been sttuped'. Because they're idiots.


Shtup'em. :D


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests