thoughts on weather

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

thoughts on weather

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:29 pm

is mid september, why have the past few days been up in the 80's and 90's? eek

last night it got a lil cool, so sleeping with the window open was awesome. I love cloudy days where the air is brisk and cool in autumn. mmmmm yay! :D

Richard
Site Admin

#2 Postby Richard » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:41 pm

I have noticed that the climate changes seem to be shifting. My friends don't agree, maybe I am stupid. But it seems like summer lasts until like october now, and then it becomes autumn, then it becomes properly winter in January, and then spring starts in May or something??

michaelhobson
Elephant

#3 Postby michaelhobson » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Richard wrote:I have noticed that the climate changes seem to be shifting. My friends don't agree, maybe I am stupid. But it seems like summer lasts until like october now, and then it becomes autumn, then it becomes properly winter in January, and then spring starts in May or something??

You aren't stupid man!

http://www.unep-wcmc.org/climate/impacts.htm
Changes in seasons are already being noticed in many temperate regions. Birdsong is being reported earlier and spring flowers are emerging when it was once winter. In agricultural landscapes changes in the length of growing seasons may improve productivity in mid-latitudes and increase the potential for arable crops at high latitudes. Negative impacts may include increased ranges of insect pests and diseases, and failure of crops in some regions from drought or flooding.

http://blue.atmos.colostate.edu/courses/at786.shtml
Coastal communities dealing with beach erosion could face rising sea levels, which accelerate the process and magnify the damage caused by storms, according to scientists. Fishermen and farmers could struggle with shifting seasons and new diseases. Rising temperatures are also seen as a threat to Maine's winter tourism industries such as skiing and snowmobiling, and the maple-syrup industry.

Richard
Site Admin

#4 Postby Richard » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:14 pm

Woo, in your face stupidity!

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#5 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:24 pm

i agree. the seasons are changing months

CollegeB
Elephant

#6 Postby CollegeB » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:49 pm

Last december there were a few days that were actually in the 80's here in TX, that is the first time I can remember weather that hot in december. But the cool weather does not even move in until november. I remember several halloweens where i've been in a mask just dripping sweat since its hot and humid. That weather makes dressing up no fun.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#7 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:10 pm

maybe we'll get a nuclear winter in some parts of the world to even out for this heat stroke, and that will be rad cause of snowboarding!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#8 Postby compassionategirl » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:02 pm

damn global warming. Polar bears are starving to death and their ice floes are melting. And all my self-centred colleagues at school can talk about is how "nice and warm" the next two months are going to be.

HHHEEEELLLLOOOO???!!! Humans are not the only species on the earth ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay rant over but it felt good to get it out

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#9 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:03 pm

I completely agree Nat.

Rant on! :P

Crash
Elephant

#10 Postby Crash » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:45 pm

How's the weather for people in NC ?
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Tarz
Elephant

#11 Postby Tarz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:55 am

It's going to be 20 degrees here in London tomorrow - that is very hot indeed for October 27th. Hey, I may even be able to get a bit of sunbathin in. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”