Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: THIS BABY RACCOON NEEDS YOUR VOICE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:27 pm 
Stegosaurus

THIS IS CLOSE TO HOME BECAUSE THIS INCIDENT OCCURRED ABOUT 20 MINUTES AWAY FROM WHERE I LIVE. Please give me 5 minutes of your online time and send this raccoon beater an email - the local authorties are unable to prosecute so i need your voices and emails!!!!

Raccoon Reportedly Beaten to Death in Ontario Greenhouse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please respond immediately and forward as appropriate.

We were contacted in late July by complainants who alleged that an employee of Vandermeer Nursery in Ajax, Ontario, used a metal pole to beat savagely a hapless raccoon before leaving her to languish in a sweltering garbage can. The employee apparently returned to deliver the fatal blow several hours later. Our sources indicate that the employee was following a directive doled out by Peter Vandermeer, president of Vandermeer Nursery. Our sources also suggest that Vandermeer Nursery has drowned perceived "nuisance" animals in past months.

These alleged activities are violations of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act and anti-cruelty statutes and are punishable by law.

The investigating agency informed PETA caseworkers that, while it wished to press charges, it could not because the five witnesses were juveniles and "their parents won't let them." PETA then sent a letter to Peter Vandermeer asking him to contact The Ministry of Natural Resources, an agency that promotes the humane removal of "nuisance" animals, in the future rather than take matters into his own hands.

During our follow-up call to Mr. Vandermeer, he cut us off, stating, "You people are wasting my time,"and,"You people need to get a life." We were then hung up on.

Please everybody ask Mr. Vandermeer for his assurances that animal-control issues at his business will be handled in a humane manner by caring professionals. Remind him that by doing otherwise, he and his staff would be in violation of the law, and that the humane and civilized treatment of innocent animals is never a waste of time, and is expected behaviour of decent and kind and civilized people!!! Also remind him that the world will now have him under scrutiny:

Peter Vandermeer, President
Vandermeer Nursery, Ltd.
588 Lakeridge Rd. S.
Ajax, Ontario L1Z 1X3
905-427-2525
905-427-2955 (fax)
peter@vandermeernursery.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:11 pm 
Elephant

Sent right now! Not as articulate as I would have liked but:

Mr. Vandermeer:
This won't take long as time is one of your valuable assets. I find it quite ironic that an individual as "business saavy" as yourself has continually put his investment at risk. The time and employee resources you lose when instructing youth to savagely "eliminate" nuisance animals is irrational and illogical. Please, maximize your business potential by acknowledging safe and humane animal removal. Contact The Ministry of Natural Resources should animal habitat issues arise in the future!

Please honestly take a moment to consider the business implications of continued animal abuse.

Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.
Tiffaney Dugan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:45 pm 
Stegosaurus

Thanks vegan madre!

may your daily kindness come back to you a thousand fold! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:10 am 
Elephant

OK email sent.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Vandermeer:

It has been brought to my attention that you have been promoting animal cruelty at your establishment and demand that you stop it at once ! These actions put you in direct violation of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act and its anti-cruelty statutes, which are punishable by law. Having your staff commit the heinous acts does not mitigate your responsibility at all.

There is no need for the brutality inflicted in your name on animals that can painfully feel every blow and cut given them. Humane methods are expected behavior of decent, civilized people.

Please get your act together and use humane animal control professionals now and in the future or charges will be brought against you and your establishment. The eyes of the world are now watching you.

Damn it ! I noticed a typo after I sent it (I typed in "of the" 2x in succession). :evil:

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:40 am 
Stegosaurus

THANKS SO MUCH CRASH.

Both yours and vegan madres letters were great! They were both coming at it from different angles. Awesome work.

How that lil raccoon must have suffered from the several hours he was still alive. we all need to work to make sure that this man never repeats this heinous act again. the area gets lots of raccoons and stuff and so that is why i desparately need all of your emails. So no other animal suffers at his hands.

Thanks again Crash and veganmadre, and please everybody else even if you dont want to let me know that you sent hiim an email, and keep it private - that is fine, just PLEASE send the email. :!: :cry:

many thanks for being voice for this raccoon who had none and suffered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:25 pm 
Elephant

The response given:
Dear concerned Citizen

Over the past few weeks we have received a number of emails by concerned citizens about a recent article posted on the PETA website. It is encouraging to know that there are so many concerned citizens out there. Although it is true that we hung up on PETA when they contacted us with these allegations, we find it a little disheartening when an organization like PETA can post false allegations by a disgruntled employee and then demand answers. It undermines our system of justice.

We have always thought of ourselves as a business with strong ties to family, community & nature, including family pets and wildlife. We have gone out of our way in the past to protect and nurture animals and that is why we find the allegations so outrageous.

To those concerned citizens I commend you for your sense of responsibility and want to reassure you that Vandermeer Nursery has always had and always will have a live catch and release program for animals.

Thank you for your attention,

Peter Vandermeer

President, Vandermeer Nursery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:27 pm 
Stegosaurus

Thanks for posting that veganmadre. It was obviously a form letter, but that is okay because it might mean that they are really getting bombarded with emails from decent outraged folks.

PLEASE, to anybody that has yet to email, please do so. AND please include this point in your email.

thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:00 pm 
Elephant

Holy hypocrisy Batman, I received the same reply. Definitely a form letter.

More people need to write and let him know these actions are unacceptable and wrong. Come on people, if you want to change the world -- speak up !

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash