I have a home

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero
Gorilla

I have a home

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:34 pm

I am officially staying with my uncle and aunt. I finally got a hold of him we had lots of miscommunication. and after talking to him tonight, the plans are back on. I dont have to sleep in a car. (although I was somewhat looking foward to the adventure).

If I work a job in hoboken, I need my car to commute cause the bus schedule will conflict with work. (paid internship but have to spend at least a year more in hoboken, and I dont want to do that.)
If I work a job in staten island, I can sell my car as I will no longer need it. and use the bus to commute (will take big chunk of my day out but better than driving). and I am not tied down to the area when I am done graduating.
But for right now, to get to SI and school, I shall be driving. And in 6 months Im off to Portland.

Richard
Site Admin

#2 Postby Richard » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:41 pm

I am relieved to hear this, I was not a great advocator of your decish to live in a car :)

Ken in Japanese means fist / hand as far as I know. So Hoboken is really HOBO HAND. Which is almost HOBO LAND. I love stuff

CollegeB
Elephant

#3 Postby CollegeB » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:41 pm

It's good you will have a place with a real bed. the car dwelling probably would have been great for a week, but I bet after a month that would have gotten old.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:10 am

Great News Topher!

Awesome mate. Thanks or letting us know. I know many people were concerned, others knew you'd be able to take care of yourself but I think we're all glad to hear the news.

I look forward to your return to Oregon!

Take care brother,

-Thin Thin Happy You Have a Home Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#5 Postby veggymeggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:28 am

Hooray! :D Glad to hear it Topher, I would want you to be towed away in the middle of the night.

veganmadre
Elephant

#6 Postby veganmadre » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:09 am

WooooooooooHoooo! So glad! Sleeping in the car would have been a unique experience....but you have enough "uniqueness" here on the board to satisfy that craving. Glad you'll have a warm home to sleep in. :D

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#7 Postby veggymeggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:46 am

Ummmm....ermmm, hmmm, that was supposed to say I WOULDN'T want you to be towed away in the middle of the night, not I would! :shock:
Whoops!

robert
Site Admin

#8 Postby robert » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:59 am

Hehe,

I didn't even notice that the first time :P

Only if they towed him all the way to Oregon, then it would be ok 8)

Glad it all worked out for you Topher!

-Thin Thin Happy Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Return to “General Discussion”